What do I need for Volcano Bay?

GatorChris

Not of This World
We're definitely planning on spending a full or half day at VB during our mid-October trip.. What are the policies on water socks? I'd imagine walking that hot cement between attractions can burn the feet pretty good.

Do we bring our own towels, or are there some provided onsite?

How do you snag some good chairs near the Volcano? Do you leave your stuff on the seats? Is that safe? Are we better off with just getting a locker and hitting slides like crazy???

Thanks! Getting excited for this trip!

Love volcano bay and hoping to visit 2 times next week! I’m not sure about water socks but they do have sprinklers that wet down the pavement to cool it off. Found it easier to go barefoot slide to slide but that was in May, but may be comparable to Oct.

We stay onsite and take towels from hotel.

I’m an early arriver so just throw our towels and non valuables on a longe chair. Very safe for this stuff. Love looking at the volcano! We do rent a locker to store our phones and credit card so I can enjoy the park without worry. Hint: there are smaller, cheaper lockers available at the rear end cap of the locker stations, enough space to store phones, credit card etc if applicable. I use credit card for payment, around $8 maybe. If I recall correctly the tapu bracelet they give you is used to access the locker during the day.
Wonderful park- have fun!

sorry - great question OP and I'd like to piggy back another one if I may...

We hope to be possibly going to Volcano Bay for the first time in a few weeks. Am I understanding it correctly - IF I add a CC to my payment methods on the app, then that will be all I need to do when I get one of those tapu bracelet's ? Or do you have to reload that info on your bracelet when you get one?
Do you get the bracelets when you enter the park? I should probably go and look up Volcano Bay and see if any of this is listed!!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok - I just read up on it and found out that yes, you can enter all your ticket & CC info on to your Universal Ap - and that you get these Tapu bracelets when you enter the park, but I can't figure out how they get the info from my Ap to the bracelets. Will we have to enter all that info again? Can't seem to find anything that indicates how the Tapu knows what my CC info is from the Ap. I'm not terribly technological, am I missing something right in front of my face?

Evidently Tapu bracelets do not cost anything, and they are included with your admission price, however you do not get to keep them, you surrender them upon leaving the park and they wipe them so your payment info isn't on there any longer.

Some reviews that the bracelets are prone to being lost easily due to falling off, some reviews saying they are great.

Ok - I just read up on it and found out that yes, you can enter all your ticket & CC info on to your Universal Ap - and that you get these Tapu bracelets when you enter the park, but I can't figure out how they get the info from my Ap to the bracelets. Will we have to enter all that info again? Can't seem to find anything that indicates how the Tapu knows what my CC info is from the Ap. I'm not terribly technological, am I missing something right in front of my face?

Evidently Tapu bracelets do not cost anything, and they are included with your admission price, however you do not get to keep them, you surrender them upon leaving the park and they wipe them so your payment info isn't on there any longer.

Some reviews that the bracelets are prone to being lost easily due to falling off, some reviews saying they are great.
Each Tapu is logged and linked at entry when your pass or ticket is scanned. If your ticket/pass is connected in the Uni App, and your payment is there, then you are automatically linked to purchase with Tapu and the pin you assign. You should not have to do anything once you preload your ticket and card info into the app.

Each Tapu is logged and linked at entry when your pass or ticket is scanned. If your ticket/pass is connected in the Uni App, and your payment is there, then you are automatically linked to purchase with Tapu and the pin you assign. You should not have to do anything once you preload your ticket and card info into the app.

Ah - ok, thank you so much for the explanation.

We're definitely planning on spending a full or half day at VB during our mid-October trip.. What are the policies on water socks? I'd imagine walking that hot cement between attractions can burn the feet pretty good.

Do we bring our own towels, or are there some provided onsite?

How do you snag some good chairs near the Volcano? Do you leave your stuff on the seats? Is that safe? Are we better off with just getting a locker and hitting slides like crazy???

Thanks! Getting excited for this trip!
As PP said, sprinklers keep most of the concrete walkways wet. Might not be an issue in October as the temp isn't quite as hot. You can wear the water socks/shoes, though you have to take them off for any body slide. If you stay at a resort, you take the towels from there. If not, bring your own. If you get there early enough, plenty of seating on the beach in front of the volcano. You can rent a locker or not - your decision. Many leave their stuff on the chairs and go off, others will not. YMMV. You can buy a lock bag on Amazon like the KYSS bag and that works fine too.

Just be prepared - this park is not like all the other theme parks i.e. COVID. Once you get to your seats, you can take your mask off and do not have to wear it at all unless you go to a bar or restaurant. Everyone walks around without them, and certain areas are pinch points and get pretty crowded when the park is crowded (like the walkway and stairs at the entry pool to the big drop slide near the wave pool, in front of Krakatau, the entrance to Honu, etc. They will not serve you at a bar without one, so if you're likely to stop for a drink while doing slides, keep a mask on your person. They do not permit you to wear them on any slides or in the pool or rivers though.

Have fun!

I went in May for a first visit and regretted not bringing water socks or some kind of shoe while walking at certain points in the park. They do have sprinklers that cool down most of the pavement, but not all. The parts that didn't have the sprinkler were burn the bottom of your feet hot. I think all, if not most of the slides had storage for shoes. The only thing I noticed is that for some of them they weren't very close to where the slide exited so you would still have to back track a bit to retrieve them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter