• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What Do I Need to Know

PTSMickey

Mouseketeer
We are taking our 4 grandchildren along with their parents to WDW in October. Our 2-year old grandson is hearing disabled - 85% hearing loss, but wears hearing aids. He recognizes the difference between having them in and having them out. We have no intention of taking any of them to Fantasmic :( , but are there any other places we should avoid so as not to hurt his ears. I am worried about Philharmagic, for instance as opposed to COuntry Bear Jamboree. Do we take out his "ears" at loud shows, do we avoid them, do we just let him take the lead. He knows a few signs, but after all, he IS only two and anything that would require reading is not appropriate.

Will appreciate any suggestions/directions you might have.

Thank you!!

ptsmickey

DVC since 2000 and lost count of trips since then!! :earboy2:

Others here may be able to advise you better, but I'd say take your cues from him. At any show/movie, during the introduction the Cast Member will announce what to do if you need to exit the attraction (can't be done on rides, of course, until they end).
Since he's only two, do his parents and you think he'd be more upset at being removed entirely from a loud attraction, or from having his hearing aids removed or turned off?

Here is a link to another thread in this forum about noise issues: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=801112&highlight=headphones. Member Inkkognito has had many good suggestions in the past, and may best advise on the loudness or resonance of certain attractions.

Our little Delegation found Philharmagic consistently loud. There are moments of loudness at many attractions at MGM also. The suggestion of choosing seating next to the exit may be a good one.

Should your group need to separate, your little one may need an activity for the duration of the attraction. You may find radios or cell phones useful in finding meeting spots on the fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter