What do you do on your non-park days?

I usually do a lot of non-park days. We like to spend time at the resort, resort hop, Disney Springs, shop and visit the beaches.
I have two favorite malls there that are must visits! :worship: Sometimes we take a sail boat from Tampa. :boat:

Oh, if you have never done the Everglade boat tour, you are missing out! :flower:

Last edited:
I love to just go to the bus stop and get on the first bus that comes along. I really enjoy sitting on the bus and listening to first-timers discuss what they're going to do, usually while they're pouring over a Birnbaum or UOG book. OK, call me an eavesdropper! When I get hungry, I get off at the next park-stop and head to a resort (most likely one I haven't stayed at) for lunch. When I'm done, I sit on the bus a while again, and eventually work my way back to my starting resort. But mostly I just enjoy sitting on the bus and eavesdropping on first-timers.

At least you're not this guy at the parks...

tenor.gif

I usually do a lot of non-park days. We like to spend time at the resort, resort hop, Disney Springs, shop and visit the beaches.
I have two favorite malls there that are must visits! :worship: Sometimes we take a sail boat from Tampa. :lovestruc
Which 2 malls?

If you are there in Sept, consider going to the MNSSHP on your non-park day. Take the morning to sleep in, maybe play a round of mini-golf late morning, lunch at Dis Springs or at a monorail restaurant and then get to MK for 4pm when they let party guests in. Schedule your 3 FP+ for before 6pm so you can get on your 3 rides & have a quick dinner at Columbia Harbour House before the party officially starts at 6pm. Works well for me. :thumbsup2

Pool, then Disney Springs! My fall trip this year will be 10 days this time, so I might do some resort hopping, too, or if the weather is nice, add on a water park and spend the day on the lazy river :)

Non-parks days solo? I don't think that will ever happen! I might only go for only a couple hours - but I don't have non-park days as a solo. But - I am also likely travelling on an AP if I'm solo.

For 9 days trips with the family - we might have a non-park day - and that would be laundry, pool, sleeping late, going to bed early, organizing in the room, shopping at the resort, an ADR at a different resort (and maybe some resort hopping), maybe a boat rental, maybe reading a book/watching a video on a tablet, and MAYBE - maybe a few hours at DS if we have an ADR there or if we are headed to World of Disney - but DS is a lot of walking and if the point is to give our bodies a physical break - that's not it.

Spa in the morning, followed by some light shopping or something else at Disney Springs... usually eat there too.

Non-park days I like to give my feet a break.
  • Pool and laundry
  • Relaxing by the pool, good book, even better frosty beverage
  • Spa!!!!! Reflexology is so appreciated
  • If feet aren't too sore, Disney Springs
  • If December, visit other resorts to see the decorations
  • Sleep by the pool, SPF 85 and some shade

-Pool time!
-Disney Springs, shopping, dining, drinks (beer flights at ragland road are a mere $10) cupcakes, bowling, movies, and it's a gorgeous place to wander around
-Monorail resort loop! We bus to MK then take the monorail/walking paths around the Contemp/Poly/GFlo to explore the resorts, get a snack and a drink or two, hang out on the beach for a while, sometimes we'll add in the boat to WL & Fort Wilderness for bonus points, lots to do at FW too, explore the stables, horseback rides, etc

Love hanging out at the Boardwalk on non-park days. The back of the resort has comfy chairs that I usually lounge on and people watch (I always have a book with me so I spend a few hours reading too), and then grab something to eat from the bakery or some ice cream! And if you're there late enough Jellyrolls is amazingly fun, and the BW has a nice view of Illuminations!

The pool at the resort and then Disney Springs in the evening. If not that, we have family in the area, and we meet up with them somewhere or go to their homes.

Hey there
I'm doing 8 days in September, staying at BC. I've planned one day mid-week as a non-park day. I figure my feet will need a recovery day!

What do you like to do on your non-park days? I plan to spend part of the morning at the pool, but not sure how else I want to spend the day. I'd love some suggestions!

Water parks are an option, but so is Fort Wilderness. If you are traveling Solo on September, be sure to add your info to the Solo in September(yes, the name is a play on Sleepless In Seattle) thread if you want meetups. Started it after I noticed a lot of us will be there then, so we could all arrange meets easily then.

First I want to say that on a DISNEY trip I would never plan a non-park day, because for me the entire point of a DISNEY trip is spending as much time in the parks as possible. However, an ORLANDO trip is a completely different situation. PP mentioned some of the nearby attractions that I have been to before.

Bok Sanctuary is much closer, but is beautiful. There are also formal gardens in downtown Orlando, Harry P. Leu Gardens, that are spectacular.

These two attractions were well worth the time on an ORLANDO trip. There is also a Tiffany museum that is absolutely fabulous. I also very much enjoyed the Presidents Museum. The Orlando area has many attractions that are worthwhile other than Disney. These are just a few of them that I remember as being particularly enjoyable.

I have also been known on a SPBEACH trip to include DTD and a meal at a deluxe resort restaurant. Trips do NOT have to be Disney only trips. Other trip purposes can be just as much fun as Disney trips. If you choose an Orlando trip, you certainly can include Disney as a part of it. But to me, the purpose of a Disney trip is to spend as much time as possible in the four Disney parks.

Still dreaming about one of these (fictional) non park, mid week break days.. no luck so far!

First I want to say that on a DISNEY trip I would never plan a non-park day, because for me the entire point of a DISNEY trip is spending as much time in the parks as possible. However, an ORLANDO trip is a completely different situation. PP mentioned some of the nearby attractions that I have been to before.

These two attractions were well worth the time on an ORLANDO trip. There is also a Tiffany museum that is absolutely fabulous. I also very much enjoyed the Presidents Museum. The Orlando area has many attractions that are worthwhile other than Disney. These are just a few of them that I remember as being particularly enjoyable.

I have also been known on a SPBEACH trip to include DTD and a meal at a deluxe resort restaurant. Trips do NOT have to be Disney only trips. Other trip purposes can be just as much fun as Disney trips. If you choose an Orlando trip, you certainly can include Disney as a part of it. But to me, the purpose of a Disney trip is to spend as much time as possible in the four Disney parks.

Aside from that and other local parks, there is also Canaveral, Cocoa Beach(Surf's Up), and St. Augustine(a two hour drive away, if that). A lot to do in the area.

First I want to say that on a DISNEY trip I would never plan a non-park day, because for me the entire point of a DISNEY trip is spending as much time in the parks as possible.

THIS is my wife's attitude. I remember (years ago) the first time i mentioned taking a mid week break on a 7 day WDW trip just to hang the pool and relax.. she looked at me like i just called her momma a bad name..... >:(

THIS is my wife's attitude. I remember (years ago) the first time i mentioned taking a mid week break on a 7 day WDW trip just to hang the pool and relax.. she looked at me like i just called her momma a bad name..... >:(

Lol. I would actually do that, if it were true. Maybe that's why I'm single.

I also hit the pool, but because I usually rent a car, I also go to the local national parks - love going to Lake Louisa. Disney springs is always an option as well, but if you're looking to rest your feet, I'd do some local sightseeing or just hang at the pool, explore the resort, and wait for the movie to start

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter