What do you do on your non-park days?

We do not do non-park days. Shopping? That is available at home. Movies? Restaurants? Spas? Pool? All available at home.

The room that we stay in is not cheap - I am going to save all of the things that I can do at home for a time when I am not paying for a hotel.

When we were on site guests we would always plan a "slow day". Since we usually rope drop our park days we would plan at least one sleep in day. The "plan" for the rest of the day would usually be grocery shopping and laundry. Since we stayed at the Boardwalk we would frequently wander over to the World Showcase for a meal. So technically not a "non-park" day but definitely at a slower pace.

Since you're right on Crescent Lake, why not rent a boat? We enjoy bringing a cooler on the pontoons and cruising around the separate lakes around the property. If you have never rented at the marinas you really should give it a try! Just something different.

Lol you guys are so busy on your non-park days.

I snooze, enjoy the aircon and work on my photographs. Only leave the hotel room if I run out of snacks hahaha

Hey there
I'm doing 8 days in September, staying at BC. I've planned one day mid-week as a non-park day. I figure my feet will need a recovery day!

What do you like to do on your non-park days? I plan to spend part of the morning at the pool, but not sure how else I want to spend the day. I'd love some suggestions!
Just wondering, is this non-park day ticket driven? If not, I think other posters have a good point regarding slower pace/breaks. As in, it might be more beneficial & relaxing to spread things out more and rest frequently than to take one day off whilst cramming the others full. There's a lot of things to do on property that aren't the parks-many posts have already shared this so no need to repeat them. :) Just about everything at Disney requires some amount of walking though, so if you want to stay off your feet all day your options are more limited. I think there are many low-key options around the property though- disney springs, boatrides, movies, walking around the resort trails, biking, horses, etc. Off property you have other options. We enjoyed our visit to the Artegon, and there's lots of parks/activities around within a two hour radius. The Dali museum in St. Petersburg was fantastic.

For me, I would do a non-park day if I have time. This would be a perfect time for a nice meal in Orlando proper, or to explore some of the Disney resorts. It really depends on what you want. If you are there while it is still around, you could finish out a non-park day with Cirque de Soleil, if you are into that. Plenty of options, but if you want to explore non-Disney entertainment or some of the nightlife, a non-park day is ideal for it. My next visit won't allow me the free time to have a non-park day, so I am just using my free time in the evenings to build my own out of leftovers.

We have planned 3 non-park days for our trip in September and are going to do the following:

Enjoy tea at the Grand Floridian
Get a pedicure at the spa
Rent SeaRaycers and scoot around Bay Lake
Bowling and snacks at Splitsville
Minigolf at Winter/Summerland
Segway tour at Ft Wilderness
Illuminations Cruise
And, of course, laundry ...... we pack light and do laundry at least twice during our 2 week vacation

There is soooo much to do onsite that even if you don't rent a car, you won't be bored

We do not do non-park days. Shopping? That is available at home. Movies? Restaurants? Spas? Pool? All available at home.

The room that we stay in is not cheap - I am going to save all of the things that I can do at home for a time when I am not paying for a hotel.
:laughing: Exactly this!

Yeah, I have to go two towns over just to go to a movie, unless I wanted to sit in my car(which I won't....no a/c). Small town life is a pain.
I've never lived in a small town, but i imagine it has its perks too. :) In your case, yes i can see why one would take the time to see a movie, shop, visit the spa etc.

I've never lived in a small town, but i imagine it has its perks too. :) In your case, yes i can see why one would take the time to see a movie, shop, visit the spa etc.

If you like a slower pace of life and don't mind everyone knowing your own business. Good for stargazing at least. I have always felt more at home when living in cities, more to do.

Planning on doing a "resort decorations" tour before MVMCP one day. (A modified version of Tom Brickers route on DTB).

Do you think we (2 young....ish adults) would we have enough time to go from AOA -> Swan/Dolphin -> Yacht Club -> Beach Club -> Poly -> Grand Floridian -> Contemporary (bit of lunch) -> Wilderness Lodge and get to MK by 3.30pm.??

Hoping it's a good use of non park time before the party :santa: but a little concerned about rushing.

I have an annual pass so I wouldn't say I ever have days where I don't go into the parks when I'm down there, but I will do half days. If the weather's really nice I'm usually at the pool during the hottest part of the day. I actually really like riding the ferry to Magic Kingdom too haha. So if I only have a short amount of time there I actually take the ferry to enjoy it more, vs being on the monorail.

Book a dinner at one of the other resorts. We also have done resort hopping and just checking things out at resorts I could never afford. lol

Resort hop and shop for pins! I usually take one day off during a week stay and sometimes also the day I get there I usually hang and check out the resort I'm staying at while waiting for my room. In September, I'll be there 10 days, so may take 2 days off, but definitely 1.

1. Monorail loop
2. EPCOT loop
3. AKL
4. WL and FW

I like the pools at AKL (main) and Poly (quiet), so would probably do that on an off day too.

Non Park Days (aside chilling poolside at my resort) is DEFINITELY a DISNEY SPRINGS chill-out stroll. I mean I take it slow. I take the free boat ride to my old stomping grounds - PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER. I do the Hot Air Balloon ride. (not really a hot air balloon). Watch the free entertainment (singers, bands). Window shop. Regular shop. Shop at World of Disney. Stroll every inch of it - night or day. Enjoy a bite at your favorite eatery (research all of the restaurants and see which one suits you and make sure you enjoy a bite there! Check the list of eateries via the MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE APP if you have it. If you don't have it ... it would be a benefit for you to get one!) - or you can search the eateries on line. Sit down outside and enjoy the view and people watching. See a movie at their movie theater. You can get a full afternoon, evening or night out of Disney Springs that will do nothing but add to a pleasurable and relaxing Disney Experience. To me DISNEY SPRINGS is such a great proverbial icing on the cake that is the Disney Parks. Every visit, I dream about my upcoming time at Disney Springs. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter