What do you do with a larger phone in the park?

DrunkJam

DIS Veteran
I totally get that this is a first world problem, but I just got a new phone, and I don't think it is going to fit in my pocket easily. This seems to be the case with most smart phones these days. What do you do with them?
I will be travelling solo, and I worry about carrying a bag on rides etc.
Do you use a special small bag? Clothes with huge pockets? What's the trick?
I want to ride some coaster type things, like BTMR or Splash Mountain, and will need to keep my phone safe. Can I just hook my foot through a bag strap and know it's going to be safe?

I'm not a bagless type of person so I wear a backpack, the phone lives in there along with some other essentials. I've taken this backpack on every single ride at the world and nothing has ever happened. The leg through the strap trick works very well.

That's very reassuring! I have never owned a phone I can't fit in my pocket before, and certainly don't want to break it, so... I was hoping to often travel without a bag, but, it might not be practical. I mean, I'm bound to shop and so on anyway, so...

If you don't like the bag idea look into some cargo pants. I have a pair where all the pockets zip so my stuff is extra secure. I actually sewed in a wand pocket that zips up so when I go to Universal I don't need a purse and I don't have to use a locker because everything is zipped up on my person.

I bought my husband some cargo shorts with zippered pockets (both legs/back pockets from Costco. His large iPhone fits into the leg pockets easily, and even his wallet is secure on the rides.

My husband usually has cargo shorts that we can all stick our phones in, though the last time we went, we all had smaller iPhones--now we all have the iPhone Plus. We would also carry a drawstring back pack which is super lightweight, so on days that he did not wear cargo shorts, we just threw our phones in there. I'm always concerned with the larger phones in front or back pockets--just thinking how they could break if you are on one of the speedy rides that thrash you about. As others have mentioned, a runners belt is perfect. Even though it looks like a fancy "fanny pack" it's really way cooler... LOL We use Spibelt brand and they have a large phone option--the regular sized spibelt is too small for the bigger phones, especially if you have a case on it. And the beauty is, you can always put it under your shirt--no one needs to know you are wearing it! :)

They sell belt clips for phones that don't fit in your pocket. Might look around online to see if they make one for your particular model of phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter