What do you do with leftover pot roast?

McKclanof6

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I was just looking for some new ideas of what to do with leftover pot roast. I usually make more gravy, add the meat to the gravy and serve it on rice or toast. My mom used to make a dish called beef rollie pollie. I think she used a biscuit dough and rolled the meat up in side, sliced it like a jelly roll , baked it and served it with gravy. Thanks in advance!

I do everything from french dip sandwiches, enchiladas, beef stroganoff, pot pies or mini meat pies. There are many things to do with a leftover roast. I haven't served it over rice though, thanks for a new idea!

What left-over pot roast?:confused3 :lmao: My greedy lot will eat a huge one if I don't physically hide it (in the fridge) :rotfl2: If I can save some we have it in sandwiches or cold with mash the next day. Or of there's a load left I make shepherds pie with it.

Marys Italian Beef Sandwiches
----------
2 lb Beef roast; leftover,
Roasting pan drippings
1 ts Dried sweet basil;
1/2 ts cayenne pepper;
1 tb Fresh parsley; minced
2 tb Fresh oregano;
Salt and pepper; to taste
2 ts Dried oregano;
3 Cloves garlic; minced

Instructions for Marys Italian Beef
Thinly slice cooked, roast beef and place in a Dutch oven (or put it back into the same pan in which the beef was roasted). Add enough water to cover. Add remaining ingredients and bring to simmer. After the beef has cooked for awhile, taste and adjust seasonings. Cook about 1 hour. Serve on sliced Italian bread with grilled green peppers. Dont forget to put a little gravy on bread! Onolicious! NOTE If you fix a large roast for dinner, take the leftovers, sliced thinly, and put your Italian Beef on the stove to cook, while youre cleaning up the kitchen. You can cook the Italian Beef in the same pan used for roasting. IF you make brown gravy for your roast beef, remove some of the drippings before you make the gravy and save them for the Italian Beef.

This is really yummy and not much work if you just dump it in when cleaning up the kitchen from the original roast dinner.

That sounds lovely:goodvibes I must get me some good big bits of beef ordered up:thumbsup2

How did I miss this post? I thought I read through all the new posts every day. :confused3 I'm sure it's too late for this time, but for future reference...

My mother used to make it into either what she called Chow Mein (not as the world knows it ;) ) or she'd fry up the meat, potatoes & carrots with some bread cubes. (I have no idea what she called that. LOL)

If we're not eating ours just as "leftovers" I'll turn it into what most of you call a "pot pie". (To use PA Dutch, pot pie is something else altogether. :rotfl:) That way I use the potatoes & carrots as well.

Leftover Beef Pie

1 can tomato soup
½ c water
2 Tbl flour
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tsp beef bouillon
½ tsp parsley
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 c cooked beef
2 c potatoes**
2 c mixed vegetables**
prepared pie crust

Mix soup, water, flour, salt, pepper, bouillon, parsley & garlic in a large bowl. Stir in beef, potatoes & veggies. Pour into ungreased casserole. Top with pie crust & seal edges. Cut slits in top & bake at 425 for 30 min, until crust is golden brown & liquid bubbles through slits.

**If I have a LOT of carrots leftover I don't bother to add mixed veggies. We rarely have enough potatoes left (I don't know why I just don't make more :confused3) so I generally either add canned potatoes or I'll nuke a couple, peel & dice then add those.

Homemade beef and noodles

*Shred the beef
*Pour a large can of beef broth in a large stock pot and bring to a boil
*add the shredded beef and seasoned homemade noodles (I use salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season my noodles)
*cook until liquid is thick and noodles are tender

***if you do not use homemade noodles you might need to add some extra seasoning to the broth.

I save it and add everything to make oxtail soup. The leftover pot roast, the gravy, the braising liquid I cooked the roast in with it's bit of celery, carrots and onion, all of it. My family really likes it when I do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter