What do you do With the Backpack?

I’m also team backpack for sunscreen. And water bottles / cooling towels, but then we go in August. But we just bring one and it’s been fine to bring on all the rides. We stash all our raincoats in it too.

I think we’ll bring the one backpack and I’m looking into getting a fanny pack for this trip that can hold my wallet and a small tube of sunscreen.

You can leave it in the stroller, if you brought one. Obviously just take your valuables with you. However, that's really only necessary for rides like rollercoasters. A lot of rides can accommodate a backpack just fine.

I'm another "bag on the floor with it looped around my foot/leg" person. I keep stuff in ziploc bags inside the bag that way if the bag gets wet we're fine. My kids are old enough to carry their own bags now, but we still generally prefer having one bag. You only have to keep tabs on one and everything we need is all together. We fold up a tiny string bag and tuck into a pocket that way of we're going to split up and we think both sets of people need a bag, we have the option of doing so.

Most of what we need to carry is pretty lightweight and small, so we can carry a small bag. We prefer to avoid the pocket approach because we like the quick-dry type shorts and thing often fall out of those pockets.

I second the Travelon recommendation! Mine is a similar style to the one Tink9721 linked, but smaller. It converts from a crossbody to a waist pack. Apparently it is discontinued, but still available in one color on Amazon: Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Convertible Crossbody and Waistpack (A V STRIPE) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GH4SWGX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3-0tEb8TS8EAJ

It is lightweight and water resistant, and has locking zipper pulls. It’s just the right size for my needs: big enough for the essentials but small enough to wear on every ride.

I use my running bag (it's a tight belt). It has a small pocket for chapstick, tissues, pain medication, bandaids (4 year old) and a bigger pocket for phone and charger. It all fits neatly under my clothes. It is water proof. I honestly don't know how anyone survives in the park without a cell phone charger. If you need sunscreen, than you have to get a bigger back. I also have a Safari Cross-over bag that I use when we need more things (spare outfit for water rides, etc).

Fantastic thread! I just came looking for info on this as I'm planning our first stroller free trip! It's going to be so weird 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!