What do you like to do on your travel days?

I usually don't have park tickets on my arrival or departure day.
Arrival Day I usually stop by walmart to get snack and drinks for the room, resort hop, hang out at Disney Springs, and maybe have a dinner ADR somewhere.
Departure Day I'll do the same as arrival day minus the walmart trip.

On our arrival day, it's a tradition to go to Disney Springs and get Earl of Sandwich for dinner. Usually, when we've arrived in the past, we've gotten in late-afternoon after being up early-ish to catch our flights, so there's not much time or energy to do more than that and a bit of exploration of the resort.

This year will be different (as in all things!) because we're coming in from the West Coast and staying the night at MCO before our technical "arrival" day. Meaning we'll get in early-afternoon after a full night's sleep...and it's a Saturday so we're trying to avoid DS as much as we can. So our plan is to explore our resort, unpack a bit, get some of our favourite QS from other resorts and check out their decorations, then get Earl of Sandwich delivered. Maybe some pool time in there, since our arrival day is meant to be the warmest of our trip.

Last year, we added a night to the beginning of our trip, so we decided to do a split stay with the first night in a theme park view room at Contemporary. When we got to the resort, we settled in and then ate dinner before taking dessert to our room to watch the fireworks. It was a magical way to start our trip.

Our departure day tradition is room service breakfast before catching the ME.

We have to be at the airport in London at around 6 am GMT. We then arrive in Orlando at around 16.30 EST, so we usually unpack, shower and visit WBG for a recuperating glass of wine and some small plates. We try to stay up until 22.00/23.00 EST so that we start the next day in the local time zone.

The majority of the times I have gone to Disney over the last few years it has been to run the marathon. On my travel day I check in and then head to the Expo.
Dinner is usually at Disney Springs. In January it was at Ragland Road.

Lately (wel....Sep 2018 and prior) we've booked super early flights that arrive around 9am and have made these days water park days followed by some sort of quick service or earlier table service at DS. We want our night to be earlier so that we can hit our first park running the following day.

On arrival day, we always take the earliest flight out. Go straight to Disney Springs, walk around and get an early lunch at Raglan Road or The Boathouse. We then go grab some groceries somewhere, go to the hotel for check in and spend the rest of the afternoon by the pool. An early evening ADR and then early to bed for a big first full day the next day. On departure day we pack up, go to breakfast somewhere then head to MK for the day. We try to take the latest possible flight home, so that gives us almost a full day at the park.

We usually hang out at Disney village see the new things Available and Window shop. Then get to know our resort area, find out where pools are, the food and things of interest!

We usually get an early flight there so will go to a park after we get settled in at the hotel. We also take an early flight going back.

We arrive the night before and stay at the Hyatt in MCO. Then we get up bright and early and head to the Magical Express. When we get to the resort we drop our bags with bell services and head to our first park. This year that'll be Epcot and we're staying at Boardwalk, so we're just strolling over as soon as we climb off ME and drop our bags.

Unfortunately, our flight home is early, so we'll basically be waking up and heading to wait for ME. On previous trips, if we had late flights we'd do a park day. It might be only half the day, but it was always worth it to get that last bit of time on favorite attractions. Other times we've just had a good breakfast ADR and maybe spent time shopping or even at the pool.

We always arrive early if possible and go to a park. Many times on departure day we get up and have to catch the bus to the airport. This year, SWA moved our flight until late in the day so we will go to DS. We could do a partial park day but since this is a holiday weekend, we thought the crowds would drive us crazy.

On arrival day we go to Disney Springs, eat lunch, walk around and shop. Then later we go to the pool at the resort. Last time after went went to the pool we headed back to Disney Springs for dinner and more walking around and shopping. We stayed at POFQ so it was very easy to do that with the boat. On departure day we have an ADR breakfast at a resort and usually check out the shops at that resort.

Arrival day - Pool and dinner. Sometimes Disney Springs
Departure day - Disney Springs

Our travel days involve a solid 8-9 hours in the car, so our expectations for Disney fun upon arrival are low:

- We aim to arrive between 3:00 and 4:00 -- no point in arriving before your room is ready.
- We unpack, then make a grocery store run.
- We walk around our resort and "get our bearings".
- We eat a light dinner, then we go to Beaches & Cream for a Kitchen Sink. Dinner can be pretty much anywhere -- if we're in a house, we might even grill steaks "at home", but the Kitchen Sink is our family tradition.
- We get to bed fairly early since we'll be up early the next morning.

We stop by the Disney Character Warehouse store in the Outlet mall about 10 minutes from the resort. It gives me a chance to pick up a unique or discounted tshirt, pin, hat, bag, etc. A lot of their items are from overseas or from last season - so it increases my chances of snagging Halloween stuff in December or a cheaper version of something I'd fall in love with in the parks. Also there's a great food court if I'm in the mood for something quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter