What do you like to do on your travel days?

We check in, then head to the Springs. Shopping for the wife, bar seat at the Hole in the wall for me. She rings when ready to go back to hotel.

It’s ten hour drive for me so I arrive late and worn out. I usually stay offsite and hit the grocery. I usually check in at my Disney resort before 7:00 a.m.
15 hours for us from Ohio. I wonder if anyone else drives that far in one day? Staying off site in bed asap!

Ten hours for us too from central NC, never manage to make it on the road early enough for me/late enough for Mrs Wrench, dabble with breakfast and lunch from the finest eateries that I-95 can offer - requisite Bojangles before Florida deprives us of the option - then arrive with no real plan of what we're going to do before falling asleep. Some food for thought from this thread though! Thanks guys.

15 hours for us from Ohio. I wonder if anyone else drives that far in one day? Staying off site in bed asap!

14 hours for us from DC-area, not counting traffic slowdowns. We're doing it on sunday. Hoping to leave around 8 am and get in around 10 pm. Normally we'd do the trip over 2 days but this time didn't want to stop at a random roadside hotel due to covid.

We always have to have earl of sandwich when we arrive, so i guess that will be our monday lunch. Our first park pass isn't til tues. We figured we might need mon to recover from Sunday's drive.

Usually just relax and get organized for the next day. I'll lay everything out for the morning, get my backpack all ready to go and make sure I know what my park plan is for the next day. It's nice to have a chill evening before the magical fun begins since it can be a real whirlwind!

Travel/Arrival day tradition in my family is always, hit Disney Springs for shopping, etc and then Giordano's for dinner.
Same thing on the way out, except Giordano's for lunch.

We really like Giordano's if you couldn't tell. :-)

I like to arrive with enough time to visit a park that day, but I love to unpack whenever I arrive at any hotel or rental. To me, it’s exciting to unpack and the anticipation really peaks. Then that moment I finish is the “so now it begins“ moment.

Departure day at WDW is either first thing in the morning so that I get up and leave or mid afternoon so I go to Disney Springs for an early lunch.

depending on what time I get there I either go to the pool or I go to Disney Springs and walk around, have some good food, just start soaking up the Disney Magic.

We usually drive through the night from DC (straight shot takes us about 14-15 hours with all the stops). We always do Disney Springs the first night for shopping, etc then eat dinner at Earl Sandwich. Our last morning before driving home we always have breakfast at Polynesian Cafe. Its been our tradition to do this since forever.

We usually just get our stuff settled in the room, swim and eat. Go to Disney springs as well. We usually take an early flight, so we do arrive early, before noon typically, but that also means we have been up early as well, so I never really plan much for the day bc we will be tired. Oh and I do usually go to Character Warehouse. That’s my arrival day thing. Buy as much cheap souvenirs right away helps to curb the wants as the trip goes on!

We arrive the night before and stay at the Hyatt in MCO. Then we get up bright and early and head to the Magical Express. When we get to the resort we drop our bags with bell services and head to our first park. This year that'll be Epcot and we're staying at Boardwalk, so we're just strolling over as soon as we climb off ME and drop our bags.

Unfortunately, our flight home is early, so we'll basically be waking up and heading to wait for ME. On previous trips, if we had late flights we'd do a park day. It might be only half the day, but it was always worth it to get that last bit of time on favorite attractions. Other times we've just had a good breakfast ADR and maybe spent time shopping or even at the pool.
I love Boardwalk, we couldn't get a room there for our stay in May, trying AKL for the first time. Love strolling over to Epcot and DHS!

Depends what time we arrive, if it's early before noon we will go to a park but if it's mid afternoon then we take our time going to our room and then go to DS. Departure day we always do a park since I like to book flights later in the evening.

we have gotten into a pattern that on arrival day we take the earliest flight out of Boston and usually land in Orland by 10 or 10;30am. we check in and head to HS. this seems to be our pattern. on departure day we take the latest flight back home and our day is Chef Mickey's for breakfast and MK for the day. it is just myself and my 21 year old grandson.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter