What do you remember about your last day of school?

Don't remember specifics about any last day, elementary, Jr High, High School, College, or Graduate School (twice) other than the overwhelming sense of relief that I was finished with that portion of my education/ life. And then regrets that I would probably not see many of the people I had spent those years of my life with.

Nothing.
However:
Last day of College was 39 years ago.
Last day of High School was 43 years ago
Last day of Junior High School was 47 years ago
Last day of Elementary School was 49 years ago.
Last day of Kindergarten was 55 years ago:crazy2:

Same here except for the last two lines (LOL, never heard that part). Our version started as a countdown for about the last week:

“Six more days until we’re free
from this place of misery...”
and so on, (last day was
“No more days until we’re free...”), followed by “No more pencils...”

The most important thing in elementary school was getting your report card on the last day, and finding out which teacher you had for the next year and which of your friends were in your class.

Same here (for elementary). My DS never found out his new class until a couple of weeks before school started, and I always thought that was so weird! We also got to wear shorts on the last day, which was normally not allowed.

For senior year of high school, I remember a "senior skip day" that was really sanctioned by the school, and graduation (outdoors, and rather windy).

I remember my college graduation, but not my actual last day of class.

:rotfl:
Nothing.
However:
Last day of College was 39 years ago.
Last day of High School was 43 years ago
Last day of Junior High School was 47 years ago
Last day of Elementary School was 49 years ago.
Last day of Kindergarten was 55 years ago:crazy2:

HA HA -- got ya beat:

Last day of College was 44 years ago.
Last day of High School was 46 years ago
Last day of Junior High School (we didn't have a junior high)
Last day of Elementary School (grades 1 thru 8) was 50 years ago. :upsidedow

Wish I could do a "Peggy Sue Got Married" and go back to high school with the knowledge and wisdom and humor I have now

I can barely remember my last day of work (teaching) before I retired three years ago let alone my last days of school years ago!! :teeth:

I do not remember the last day of elementary school.

I do not remember the last day of middle school (8th grade), but I do remember the last day of 7th grade. A bunch of people (NOT ME) got in trouble for doing stupid stuff like bringing squirt guns and rubber bands.

It would be hard to define the "last day" of high school because they kind of eased us out with stuff like graduation practices, senior breakfast type things etc... The actual last day of classes I do not remember. I distinctly remember graduation was miserably hot.

Last day of high school - sitting through a pointless ceremony, and then getting on a bus, dressed in a suit, and going to Grad Night at Disneyland.

In elementary and middle schools -- Sheer joy. High school graduation -- uncertainty and fear. And now, none of it seems to matter LOL. Does anyone use calculus, algebra or geometry in their lives? :teacher:

My last math class was in 11th grade, and at my job now, I've been using all three of those every day for the past 13 years.

Last edited:

I don’t remember much at all.

However, I DO remember the day after I graduated high school. I got together with a guy friend for a night of drinking. We started with vodka and coke and when the vodka ran out we switched to gin. Yep, good ol’ Gin and coke. I barfed for two days after that night and I still can’t smell gin without thinking of that night and then having my stomach roil for a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter