What % do you save if you book through a Disney travel agent?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
I know some people book through Disney travel agents who work for various companies (not the actual Disney travel co). What percentage do you really save by doing this? And what % do those travel agents likely make on your trip?

You don’t, but the travel agent gets a commission from Disney. The reason to hire one is more about the convenience, depending of the travel agent, they can update your booking if new discounts come along ( you can do too but is time consuming). No savings is just for people who don’t enjoy the planning madness.

What I booked was an agency exclusive discount where a large travel agency gets room blocks at a conference rate and discounted tickets that include a free water park day. I priced the same room and tickets with the enchanted escape discount and I remember it being about $300-$400 more and it didn’t include the water park day.

We are booked for our upcoming trip in 5 days with that same agency. The money we are saving is tremendous.:dancer:

Sometimes the discount is 10-20% greater than a public offering. Sometimes it is not different than the public offering, but you may be able to get the rate before the public offer is out. However, make sure you understand the rules/fine print. Often the cancellation or change policies are different. You may have to pay the balance of your trip farther in advance. They may not have the specific type of room you want or you may not be able to turn it into a package.

I can cancel my package including tickets up to 5 days prior to check in, but it might vary by offer.

For those who have booked good deals via travel agent, are there better travel agent deals last minute or in advance?

For Labor Day we are saving 50% off rack rate at the Contemporary. We saved 35% off rack rate at Beach Club over Thanksgiving.

My next two trips are with a travel agent. We got POP for a little over 600 from November 21-27. And December 23-29 for 1300 at POFQ. Way better price than Disney. I only book through Disney if nothing else is available at this point. Between the travel agent, orbitz and Priceline, Disney just seems way over priced even with ap discounts.

We are also booked with an Agency Exclusive offer (Labor Day deal). I just looked up the rack rate to compare (total package of room and tickets):

Disney's Enchanted Escape deal gives me 18% off rack rate. The Agency's deal gives me 44% off.

I just prefer booking things on my own. I haven't used an actual travel agent in probably 10 years.

I just prefer booking things on my own. I haven't used an actual travel agent in probably 10 years.
I’ve always booked myself as well, I like having that control...but sometimes the offer is too good to pass up. The only thing I couldn’t do myself was pay- I just sent the TA my payment info via email (Disney gift cards). I still made my fast pass and dining reservations myself and had everything in MDE. Over all not a bad experience and well worth it for the savings!

We are also booked with an Agency Exclusive offer (Labor Day deal). I just looked up the rack rate to compare (total package of room and tickets):

Disney's Enchanted Escape deal gives me 18% off rack rate. The Agency's deal gives me 44% off.
Just curious, what resort are you staying at with that discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter