What do you think, more or less$$?

disneyluv4

Mouseketeer
How much should we put away for food? I was thinking of $125 a day. We are going first 2 weeks of August. There is myself, DH, DD-11, and DS's 13 and 8. We are planning on POR 11 nights and POLY 3 nights. Plan on a grocery stop. We usually eat 2 meals a day with a snack in between. I plan on bringing some snacks and then the grocery stop. We plan on 2-3 character meals and 1 nice meal a day. And we will do some counter service too. We love POR's food court. So what do you think? Am I in the right ballpark?:eek:

We are also a family of 5 -- kids are 7, 13 and 17. We eat breakfast in the room, then have one sit-down and one counter-service meal per day. Most days we also have a snack in the parks. We have soft drinks and snacks in our room also. I think there are many days that we go over $125. I usually budget in my mind $200 per day for everything not already paid for (mainly food and souvenirs). We don't buy a lot of souvenirs, and it does usually come out to about that amount. A counter service meal for our family is usually $35-$40 -- my youngest rarely chooses the kids' meal b/c it's usually pbj or hotdog. A sit-down lunch generally runs about $80 and a sit-down dinner rarely is less than $100 with taxes and tips. Study the menus on wdwig, and you should be able to come up with a pretty good figure.

I'm planning on $15 breakfast, $35 counterservice, $75 sit-down meal and $25 snacks. Total $150 per day. This is for 3 adults and 1 child (9 yrs old).

Hi!
I think you may be a bit low - we usually budget $50 per person, per day for food. We grab a bagel and use our refillable mugs, then eat on the bus on the way to EE. Lunch and snacks are usually counter service, and for dinner we alternate between counter service and character buffets. We often don't spend the entire $50 each, but it gives me a comfort zone that seems about right. You can cut down on this by bringing breakfast food and snacks, which we sometimes do. I hope this helps - have a great trip!

I would say the $50 a day PP is a good rule.
We also had the refillable mugs, which helped some at the resort. But we spent the entire day in the parks.
We aren't big eaters or snackers. But we easily spent $100 a day, if not more, if we added up all the bottled water, etc.
If anyone in your family eats well (the more expensive choices) then count on spending even more.
For two adults, our counter service lunch usually was $17. And that's just a value meal type lunch -- sandwhich, fries, drink.

For my DH and I we count on about $100.00 per day and you will be surprised at how fast it goes. We eat breakfast typically in the room sit down lunch and fast food dinner. Lunch hovers around $60 w/tip and a fast food dinner will easily $20 or better not including all the snacks and water, etc.

We (boyfriend & I) also plan on about $125 per day for the two of us. It all depends on your eating preferences and habits.

For us, we usually just have a pastry and OJ/coffee for breakfast, fast food lunch, and sit down dinner, and the occasional snack. Sometimes we'll have a sit-down lunch and fast food dinner. We have 1 character breakfast per trip, and usually 1 other sit-down breakfast. Sometimes we won't do any sit-down, then another day have sit-down lunch and dinner. In any case, it usually evens out and we end up at about $125 per day.

My next trip (hopefully 2002, wish me luck!), I'm thinking I may have to up the amount to maybe $150 per day for the two of us, looking at the prices on some of the menus these days!

I looked over all of the menu's and got a rough estimate about how much it would cost. I am then going to budget an extra $50 a day just incase. If we spend it, fine, if not even better.

Thanks for all of your replies. I guess we will budget more $$ in for food. Thanks again.

We plan for $100-150 per day. We end up in the $100-120 range and we are a family of 3, non-drinkers and no appetizers!

Our family is myself DH and DS(14) and DS(7) and my sister (31). We budget $150/day. We are not breakfast eaters. Sometime the boys will eat PopTarts or cereal in the room. We have a counter service lunch and a sit-down dinner every night. Sometimes we do order adult beverages :D and appetizers. We eat sweets and get drinks throughout the day. Some days we're under, some days over. But that amount works for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter