What do YOU wear on Pirate Night?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I know I'll probably get all kinds of answers here and that's a good thing. I'm looking to see what everyone wears on pirate night.

I'm sure there are people who go all out and dress the part, right? What about wearing a pirate T-shirt w/shorts? Or do people usuallly stick with what they would normally wear in the dining room?

I picked up some eye patches and cute pirate hats to wear but I'm not sure if we should wear what we normally would wear or if it was "OK" to wear a pirate T-shirt w/shorts (or should it be black pants?)

If you have photos of what you've worn, that would be great!!!

We are going on our first disney cruise in a couple of weeks. My husband, mother-in-law and myself are all wearing priate tshirts and just shorts and my daughter has a captain jack sparrow costume.

I'm guessing we are going to see all kinds of things from maybe just a pirate bandana to full dress.

have fun

Dress ranges from full pirate costume to cruise casual. Disney does give everyone a pirate bandana at dinner. Full costume, a pirate t-shirt or no costume, it's a fun fun night.

On our past 2 cruises we wore pirate t-shirts we bought on eBay, bandanas, eye patches etc while dd wore a Barbie pirate dress... This year, dh will most likely wear the same but I will be getting a pirate wench costume to wear... It is a lot of fun!!!

I wore a red and white long stripped shirt with a black sash, black leggings and black boots.

Yes, They do give you bandanas,

Forgot to put what I wear, capris and a t-shirt with the bandana. DH wears shirt and pants with the bandana. I have a pirate hat but it's a too big to pack and it has a veil attached to it.

Something fun to pick up before you go, the glow things that you can make into necklaces for the pirate party. We had fun with those and we were a group of adults.

This is our first Disney cruise. So we decided to go all out with full costumes! Why not! Go big or go home! Lol I am sure there will be all kinds of dress. Just have fun!

Sorry, don't know how to post pictures. Last time, we wore pirate t-shirts, shorts, hats, and eye patches. Me and the girls also wore bandanas tied around our waist and dh wore an earring. They did give us bandanas at supper in the dining room.
This time dd16 is wearing a tinkerbell costume:confused3 and dd12 is wearing a girl captain hook costume that we bought after halloween last year. I found an old skirt that I think would look good for pirate's night and I'm going to have someone cut some of it off and make a bandana. I also found a shirt that has the big arms (short sleeve but reminds me of Seinfeld:rotfl2:) I'm not sure about dh. He doesn't really get into it. The only reason we do is because it's THE thing on disney to participate in pirate night. We're not pirate favs. (I think it is because I want to experience all they have). DH will wear the hat, eyepatch, and earring from last year and I don't know what else. The glow bracelets are also fun. My girls are also going to wear their costumes on trick-or-treat night since we are going in October. But I saw everything from no costume to all out. Don't forget to have your picture made with Jack Sparrow that night if you dress up:thumbsup2

Great question! I was wondering about bottoms in particular. We are cruising in October and bought iron ons of Mickey pirate heads. I'm putting
Them on white tshirts so we all have matching shirts. I just don't know about bottoms...jeans, shorts or black pants...it seems from the responses that many wear jeans.

Most of my family got all dressed up, but I kept it pretty simple. I'm the one in the white shirt and brown skirt. I used some left over red fabric I had for a headband and a sash. Most of the items used were found at the Goodwill Outlet and some of them modified to make them more pirate-y. My dad bought a costume online for himself.
DSC01122.JPG

hehe, we go al the way :cool1:

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_8330%20bis.jpg

med2011ok20110726_5368.JPG

I just change my and my sons costume each time.. sorry about the pics, couldn't get them smaller than this..

We had a 1 year old with us so I had a good feeling we wouldn't be making it to the party that night and didn't want to miss out on the pirate fun. We dressed up before dinner to get photos taken with characters, and wore this to dinner also.

P1040800.JPG

Here's what we wore on our past cruise... I made the thing on my shirt because i had a hard time finding something :) pirate: My DH called the front desk while we were on board to ask if he could just wear his khaki shorts to dinner since it was pirate night and they told him no, so he wore his slacks and hated it, however, i saw a LOT of men with shorts on, so next time, he will be wearing his also, just on that night.

Mid calf black skirt, white peasant blouse, and I got a set of pirate mouse ears--bad idea. The wind wanted to take the ears, even if I used the chin strap. It is always somewhat windy on deck....and light up pirate necklace from a long ago FE.

We wore black pirate T-shirts I printed, with sayings we either saw elsewhere or made up. Spelt 'Pirate' with the periodic table for by chemist husband!
And then wore the headscarves we were given.
We were thinking about full costumes, but in the end I was glad I hadn't carried them! We did appreciate those who went all out though! :goodvibes

final_0001.jpg

dream1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter