What do you wish you had done more of/less of on your cruise?

There are a lot of things I wish I were able to do more of on the ships. However, most of it is a result of the unfortunate way they schedule things rather than how I approach the day. They seem to concentrate and overlap activities at certain times of the day and then other times (late-night, in particular) where there is nothing.

Last edited:
I did love the adult areas, and the activities, and the relaxing.

In general, I'd say more time noticing how enjoyable it all is. I find that when I frequently stop to think about recent fun events (during dinner or even when waiting for something to start) it makes the whole time last longer and seem longer at the end because I have internalized more of the time instead of just letting it "fly by" unnoticed.

Have a great time!

I wish I dined more at MDRs for breakfast and lunch.

I wish I didn't eat in Cabanas/on deck quick service...unfortunately, the MDRs are so limited in time, especially at lunch (or perhaps I'm not hungry during that time) that we decide not to go to MDR and just get a snack at Cabanas/on deck quick service...always regret it.

From our first cruise...a LOT less time standing in line for character photos. Several cruises later - we've figured out a good system for getting photos...and it helps that daughter doesn't want princess photos any more.

What's your system? :-)

I wish I'd spent more time relaxing and that I had time to go to a couple more fun activities. My fault for booking a very port intensive cruise and then going 100% at those ports. We were all so exhausted we ended up going to bed pretty early most nights. :rotfl: And at the same time, I have no regrets since those were likely once-in-a-lifetime visits and I can cruise again some day.

Our 2nd cruise we didn't book port excursions, just walked around touristy areas, didn't like that, especially by the 3rd port. We book excursions now or have a plan of a beach to take a taxi to.

Scheduling mainly short (half-day) excursions to see the port city and learn it's history.
Relaxing and strolling the decks.
Spending time in the adult pool/hot tub area.
Enjoying the MDR food and not rushing to the after dinner events (first service).
My DH more than makes up the time on the veranda !

What a great thread!

More reading. More food. More movies in the stateroom. More movies on FunnelVision. More movies in the theatre. More of my going back to both seatings for the shows I love (wish I'd seen Beauty and the Beast twice). More cocktails.
Less time looking at the navigator.

DCL is the perfect way to truly relax - pool, drinks, food, spa, deck chairs, beds all at your disposal within walking distance, add to that loads of movies, Disney touches everywhere and a personal Kindle and you've got my definition of heaven right there.

More: More time on the verandah. Even though we love it, we never spend more than 30 min per day on a verandah (we stopped booking verandah cabins after our 3rd cruise because it we were wasting money). More Bacon/Tomato/Brie sandwiches. More Grand Marnier & Chocolate soufflés.

Less: I shouldn't have seen the Golden Mickey twice. I should have booked a 3 nights instead of a 4 nights or at least tried a different ship than the Dream (on our 2nd second cruise) because we were a little bit bored --although I'd rather be bored on a cruise ship than bored at home!-- during the sea day... Our 2 first cruises were on the Dream, the 3rd on the Wonder. Less meet and greet with the characters: I like the results (the pictures are awesome) but the meet and greets felt a bit uncomfortable. I guess I am not that young at heart. :rotfl2:

More: More time on the verandah. Even though we love it, we never spend more than 30 min per day on a verandah (we stopped booking verandah cabins after our 3rd cruise because it we were wasting money). More Bacon/Tomato/Brie sandwiches. More Grand Marnier & Chocolate soufflés.

Less: I shouldn't have seen the Golden Mickey twice. I should have booked a 3 nights instead of a 4 nights or at least tried a different ship than the Dream (on our 2nd second cruise) because we were a little bit bored --although I'd rather be bored on a cruise ship than bored at home!-- during the sea day... Our 2 first cruises were on the Dream, the 3rd on the Wonder. Less meet and greet with the characters: I like the results (the pictures are awesome) but the meet and greets felt a bit uncomfortable. I guess I am not that young at heart. :rotfl2:
Where do you get the bacon, tomato, & brie sandwiches?? Those sound like they're to die for!!

Less time doing shore excursions; more time on the ship.

We are going on our first cruise (ever) in February. Disney, Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy. I find myself wanting to NOT go on excursions and just enjoy the ship! I think our DD7 will love the clubs and we'll love the relaxing! But then, I find myself feeling like I should do SOMETHING. So I'm considering just getting off, looking around, shopping a little, maybe a beach for a couple of hours, then back on the ship. So conflicted! :)

Drinking more! Those DCL fancy drinks are wonderful

:drinking: Cant find the little emoji that looks like he's drinking a beer, so this will have to do.

As for the eating less - no way!

:worship: Yep. This. Am literally trying to lose a few pounds now, so I can gain them back in February.

We are going on our first cruise (ever) in February. Disney, Eastern Caribbean, Fantasy. I find myself wanting to NOT go on excursions and just enjoy the ship! I think our DD7 will love the clubs and we'll love the relaxing! But then, I find myself feeling like I should do SOMETHING. So I'm considering just getting off, looking around, shopping a little, maybe a beach for a couple of hours, then back on the ship. So conflicted!
It's fine to get off if it's something you genuinely want to see or do. Don't sign up for a time-eating excursion just for the sake of doing something, though.

There are a lot of things I wish I were able to do more of on the ships. However, most of it is a result of the unfortunate way they schedule things rather than how I approach the day. They seem to concentrate and overlap activities at certain times of the day and then other times (late-night, in particular) where there is nothing.

Yep I agree 100 percent with you. I see that a lot.

More: Hanging out in room relaxing, watching Disney movies, should have taken advantage of room service more too!

Less: I booked Palo Brunch once, because I’d read so much hype but I’m not a foodie and really wasn’t into it. I know a lot of people love it but it was a one and done for me. Same for the princess tea at Royal Palace, it was really expensive and my daughter wasn’t that excited about it like I was hoping. I felt like I needed to book things for the sea day but in hindsight we should have just hung out and relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter