What exactly is the meal plan?

AngelRoseFyre

Mouseketeer in Training
We are planning our honeymoon at Disney World (Orlando) next year. We would like to purchase the meal plan but we have several questons our travel agent didn't know the answers to :confused: :
1.) how do you receive them (on a card, coupons ect.)
2.) can you interchange them? (one quick meal = 2 snacks, etc.)
3.) can you eat anything on the menu or is there a special menu for the plan at differnt resteraunts?
4.) Is there any other restrictions or benefits to the plan?

We do know, we receive 1 table service, 1 quick service meal, and one snack (awe have breif descriptions of each) per day, we also know we can trade 2 table service meals for one charector or signature dining experiance.

Thanks for all your help!!!

AngelRoseFyre said:
We are planning our honeymoon at Disney World (Orlando) next year. We would like to purchase the meal plan but we have several questons our travel agent didn't know the answers to :confused: :
1.) how do you receive them (on a card, coupons ect.)
2.) can you interchange them? (one quick meal = 2 snacks, etc.)
3.) can you eat anything on the menu or is there a special menu for the plan at differnt resteraunts?
4.) Is there any other restrictions or benefits to the plan?

1 - They are on a card. You will get a room key card that contains your dining credit and park tickets (plus charging priveledges if you wish.)
2 - The only interchanging would be that you can use Table Service credit as a Counter Service (this is a bad deal though!)
3 - Anything on the menu as far as I know, however there are a few things that are made for 2 people, so you'd have to agree with your dining partner on sharing those items, also, not all of the WDW restaurants are on the dining plan. You may have to ask about certain items, one that comes to mind is milkshakes... some servers allow them as a beverage, others allow them as a dessert.
4 - You can ask your server if certain things are allowed. You may want a special non-alcoholic drink that doesn't qualify as a beverage on the plan, they'll let you know if you ask about it. The snack plan has changed recently to include much more stuff too!

Also, almost all character meals are ONE TS. The only one that is two is CRT.

most character meals are only 1 TS. the castle is one that is 2ts. have fun planning.

Thanks for all the help, but I do have two more questions more question:
1.)If there is something not included on the TS, is it possible to pay additionally OOP, or do we have to stick strictly to what is offerd on the DDP?
2.) is CRC a better value with 2 TS or OOP?

Thanks again for all the help :wizard:
-Rachel

AngelRoseFyre said:
Thanks for all the help, but I do have two more questions more question:
1.)If there is something not included on the TS, is it possible to pay additionally OOP, or do we have to stick strictly to what is offerd on the DDP?
Sure, you can pay OOP for non-included items.
2.) is CRC a better value with 2 TS or OOP?
That may depend on the composition of your group. I think if you search this thread for "CRT" you'll find quite a bit of input and probably a variety of answers. There have been numerous threads on that topic.

AngelRoseFyre said:
We are planning our honeymoon at Disney World (Orlando) next year.

Hi Rachel,

While there's tons of good DDP information on this board, in the responses you've received so far and on other boards, I feel compelled to mention one other thing.....

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter