What happened to Ohana's

YensidRocks

Mouseketeer
Ohana's has been a family favorite through the years and it has become our tradition to always have our first dinner there. Tonight is the first night of our resort stay and we were anticipating our dinner tonight because this meal has always proved to be incredible. This wasnt the case tonight. The food that was served was barely edible. The welcome bread was hard. The salad was bland. We received cold skewered meat prior to our wings and potstickers. The timing was all over the place. I also have allergies and spoke to the chef, even listed them out for hjm. He prepared my meal seperately, but presented me with noodles that i couldnt have. Thank goodness i questioned him or else my night wouldve been shot. Bottom line, im disappointed. This meal was NOT worth the 170 dollar price tag for three adults. I will be hesitant to visit there next time. They need to get their act together!

I visied several years ago with the same experience so it’s nothing new, just very hit or miss it seems. Someone described it as the servers can only handle so much so they decide who may be a good tipper and neglect the rest. That could be one of the reasons bit all I know is I won’t be returning. Pity because our first two visits in 2004 and 05 were awesome!

No, I didn't say anything due to the fact that I'm on vacation and I really didn't want to make an uncomfortable moment happen. However, I do intend on emailing the restaurant once I return from vacation to let them know how disappointed I really am. Considering the amount of money that I spent on the dining plan as well as the amount of money that is being charged for the meal alone, the quality of food and service should be nothing short of amazing.

Hopefully the restaurant will have a comeback soon.

This restaurant used to be great, first time we went we loved it. Been back several times, never was as good. Service tends to be a reported issue, hit or miss, we've had that problem before. Same with food, either the timing is off, or they fail to show up with refills, they always serve the shrimp last and we're waiting and waiting for them to come by. Sometimes the meat is overcooked or undercooked. Their bread isn't even as good as Kona's, so I don't even bother. I think the bread pudding is the best thing they have there.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I agree with @FCDub, the best time to address it is in the moment.

Write them an honest review on TripAdvisor or Yelp, as well as your email to customer service.

Sorry you had a bad experience, in June we ate there twice for dinner. The 1st time we had what some people have described as rush service but I have my own cure for that. We ate at our pace and I sent back anything we weren't ready for. The food was as good as ever thou and the chicken was incredible. The 2nde meal we just perfect and was surprised me was just how good the chicken was again.

Worst meal of our last trip. We were so looking forward to it. Service, we had a new guy. Meat we got once and it was burned to a crisp, tried to flag down our server...to no avail. Finally had to ask another server. No one enjoyed it. Will not go back..but loved the resort and walking near the water. A beautiful place, but definitely did not walk out feeling positive about it. They finally served my teen a plate of chicken nuggets because she ate nothing. And both girls got a cupcake. It took me many, many hours to secure this reservation, but even though it was not what we expected, glad we went and now will not worry about trying it in the future.

Been going downhill for a while now in our opinion but others say its still great. Nothing will change or improve until the volume of customers decreases as there is absolutely no incentive at this point. They are still getting their $$$$ and the place is packed night after night.

Hopefully breakfast isn't as bad as the dinner seems to be going. We're going to try that on our first trip.

Ohana's has been a family favorite through the years and it has become our tradition to always have our first dinner there. Tonight is the first night of our resort stay and we were anticipating our dinner tonight because this meal has always proved to be incredible. This wasnt the case tonight. The food that was served was barely edible. The welcome bread was hard. The salad was bland. We received cold skewered meat prior to our wings and potstickers. The timing was all over the place. I also have allergies and spoke to the chef, even listed them out for hjm. He prepared my meal seperately, but presented me with noodles that i couldnt have. Thank goodness i questioned him or else my night wouldve been shot. Bottom line, im disappointed. This meal was NOT worth the 170 dollar price tag for three adults. I will be hesitant to visit there next time. They need to get their act together!

We ate at Ohana for the first time during our February 2017 trip. We were REALLY looking forward to it after hearing all the raves.

Sadly, we were disappointed. Partly because our server was curt and unhelpful (Which could happen anywhere) and partly because the food was just “meh”. Very similar to what you described.

We actually enjoyed Kona Cafe much more than Ohana. We don’t have any plans to go back to Ohana any time soon.

Hopefully breakfast isn't as bad as the dinner seems to be going. We're going to try that on our first trip.
I can’t speak for everyone but we had breakfast there a week ago and I almost cancelled because I haven’t seen many good reviews lately. Our breakfast was amazing. Everything was cooked properly, we did not wait long for a refill at all.

We had dinner at Ohana's July 28th for DH birthday. The food, the service, the table by the window with castle view and his special birthday cupcake were all just wonderful. We have eaten there for years and it has always been great. Maybe we have just been really lucky and if so, I sure hope it continues :)

We had breakfast there on Thursday, Garden Grill and Tusker House were much better. They were seating folks 30 minutes late, the food was luke warm, the juice wasn't cold, and it took an hour for Stitch and Lilo to make their way over to our section. My son was thrilled to see Stitch so I am happy we went, but we won't be going back there.

We had breakfast there on Thursday, Garden Grill and Tusker House were much better. They were seating folks 30 minutes late, the food was luke warm, the juice wasn't cold, and it took an hour for Stitch and Lilo to make their way over to our section. My son was thrilled to see Stitch so I am happy we went, but we won't be going back there.
That's too bad. We're going to Tusker House first to see how that is but have a late breakfast at Ohana before going to MK and the Halloween party. No kids so I'm not overly upset about missing some of the characters.

Unfortunately, this was the worst meal of our trip last week. Service was absolutely horrendous. Food was bleh. So sad, as this use to be the dinner we most looked forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!