What happens if you develop COVID symptoms DURING your stay?

In addition to not being very magical, it also doesn't sound very realistic. How are you supposed to eat? No room service. You'd have to leave your room to pick up grocery deliveries. I guess it would be a good way to diet! ;)

Haha. It would be quite the diet. Obviously not realistic. We chose not to ignore quarantine guidelines and for a ton of other reasons cancelled our trip.

In addition to not being very magical, it also doesn't sound very realistic. How are you supposed to eat? No room service. You'd have to leave your room to pick up grocery deliveries. I guess it would be a good way to diet! ;)
grocery and food delivery to your door. I know several who have done this in HI in some cases by choice. HI will arrest you if you violate and are encouraging others to report violators including providing a hotline #. On Maui you have to check in every day on an APP, Oahu is calling several times during the process.

grocery and food delivery to your door. I know several who have done this in HI in some cases by choice. HI will arrest you if you violate and are encouraging others to report violators including providing a hotline #. On Maui you have to check in every day on an APP, Oahu is calling several times during the process.

Yes, but OP was talking about "Disney." Presumably WDW. I thought that delivery drivers were not allowed to go to specific rooms, and had to meet the person who ordered from then in the lobby? I assume that they would not want you to do that if you have symptoms of Covid-19. Maybe they would make an exception and allow Bell Services to leave your delivery outside your door?

Yes, but OP was talking about "Disney." Presumably WDW. I thought that delivery drivers were not allowed to go to specific rooms, and had to meet the person who ordered from then in the lobby? I assume that they would not want you to do that if you have symptoms of Covid-19. Maybe they would make an exception and allow Bell Services to leave your delivery outside your door?
The principles still hold. I'm sure straight to the rooms OR Disney to deliver would be the options, not sure which but those would be the only reasonable options in the situations of a known positive or likely positive who has not completely their quarantine.

Per the CDC you are supposed to quarantine for a minimum of 10 days, and an additional 3 days after your symptoms have resolved if you get Covid. (Last time I checked.) I had a fever for three weeks and ended up isolating for closer to 5 weeks. If you are at all worried about this, I would just cancel your trip. It would have been a nightmare to get sick at Disney, and be stuck there while sick! It’s a mistake to assume you would have a mild case. I’m not in any of the high risk categories and I had a severe case.

Per the CDC you are supposed to quarantine for a minimum of 10 days, and an additional 3 days after your symptoms have resolved if you get Covid. (Last time I checked.) I had a fever for three weeks and ended up isolating for closer to 5 weeks. If you are at all worried about this, I would just cancel your trip. It would have been a nightmare to get sick at Disney, and be stuck there while sick! It’s a mistake to assume you would have a mild case. I’m not in any of the high risk categories and I had a severe case.
The current CDC guidelines for positives are 10 days from onset of symptoms and 24 hrs fever free without fever reducers and with improvement otherwise.

That being said ,if you do develop symptoms I imagine they will call 911 and you'd be admitted to a hospital.
Not unless you require that level of care. Advised to call family dr or 911 first before heading to ER
I figured if one of us came down with symptoms we would just drive home in the rental car and pay whatever fees necessary with the rental company for a separate return city and any other fees applicable.
Check rental contract. Not sure about FL but many states forbid the vehicle from crossing state lines.

I received a call back from a DVC representative (since we were staying on our DVC points) and was told (at that time) that they did not have a specific protocol for this instance. How they don't have anything set for this situation is a bit surprising to me. You would think it is bound to happen eventually. She did say though that you would not be kicked out of your room and off Disney property. She said Disney would work with you to make sure you were taken care of.
Key word ‘specific’. I’m sure WDW has a manual full of various protocols for this. They are just not going to overtly share them as with any proprietary information.

Going to guess they have a building at PoP set aside specifically for this purpose
In the 1.5 months since the resorts reopened, there HAVE been Covid-positive guests. It's unavoidable. If you choose to visit now, treat everyone like a possible Covid carrier. Wipe down your room upon arrival if you wish. Wear masks. Avoid physical contact with others. Sanitize hands frequently.
administrations head source, Dr Birx has previously indicated that if you do visit areas with high spikes/infection, you should consider yourself exposed.

Carefully, watching Orlando’s numbers pre start of our 9/26 trip :wizard:

So this is all good. Here is what will REALLY happen:

1) If you drove to WDW, and can drive back? Pretty much Golden, as you can dodge multiple State Check Points.

2) If you FLEW IN? You will do what too many others have done, in the US & other countries.... bang down fever reducing meds in an effort to defeat Airport Temp checks :(.

We are not doing either - just staying home until the US Air transportation system is restored, across states.

And I know this is not Disney's problem (and not mine either), but what if you lived in Seattle? Sleep in your car? While sick? With the kids and family all crowded together? Again, I know not Disney's problem. I live in Maryland so I could do the drive in about 14 hours. I'd be a'right. But I mean it's a real concern to some!

Plus if I were Disney, I would hate the PR of "Disney kicked my sick family including our 2 year old girl out on our bums and we had to hitchhike home 3,200 miles! In the snow! Uphill! Both Ways!" which you know someone would post. Along with heartbreaking video and it would go viral 2 hours before it was posted.
That's so true about the PR and the viral video! But seriously, OP, I have wondered this question myself.

So I actually thought about this for our trip. We flew, then rented a car for the duration of our stay. I figured if one of us came down with symptoms we would just drive home in the rental car and pay whatever fees necessary with the rental company for a separate return city and any other fees applicable. Also, perhaps worth noting that you may not even be able to get test results back to confirm if your symptoms are Covid related depending on what Florida's current result times are.
Smart planning ahead :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter