What happens to park reservation if you cancel your DVC booking?

Wakey

DIS Veteran
A few scenarios

We are UK and it’s far from clear we will get over at Xmas. Therefore I’ve booked a cancellable suite at Swan and am considering cancelling my Boardwalk reservation and banking the points.

I’ve linked the Swan booking to MDE and now have two accommodations showing. If I cancel the Boardwalk will the park reservations I booked using the Boardwalk reservation stay on- either because they do anyway or because I’ve got Swan booked?

Also I’m thinking of cancelling an Easter booking at SSR and walking an alternate- what happens to the park reservations on that one?

Cheers all!

I don’t think so. I canceled an SSR stay, booked CCV, canceled that, and booked SSR again and my park reservations never changed or left MDE.

I don’t know about walking...

Is there a monetary penalty for a cancelled "park reservation"? Just asking. This will provide your answer.

FWIW, I canceled a DVC reservation several weeks ago for later this month, and as of this weekend they were still showing on MDE... ymmv

We canceled our dvc last month and forgot about the reservation until the day of visit. It was still in our MDE at that time before we canceled it. Whether it would have kept or worked at all....who knows.

I think now that there are no sell outs...other than AP...those that got an early jump for having a reservation are safe because I don’t see Disney worrying about it when people can still get spots If they are simply changing resorts, etc,

I went in and did cancel all of ours when my August trip didn’t happen last week, but I bet they would had worked still had we been there just offsite.

Thanks for all the input.

I cancelled off my Boardwalk. The park reservations were all there still.

I put my Swan reservation in- still there.

This was odd though. Before I cancelled the Boardwalk reservation I put Swan in and had 2 reservations showing in MDE. But the Swan would later disappear.

This promoted me to make a decision and get the Boardwalk cancelled.

Good news is I hade a reservation for Easter and still nearly 500 points left for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter