What happens? Your Account>Contact Details functionality

PrincessInOz

Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!
Thanks for the new boards! I've been having fun making the mental conversion from the old board functionality to the new board functionality.

Just a question - I noticed that in Your Account>Contact Details that there is the email address that I originally signed up to the Dis.
What happens if I change that email address?
What post-change validation is required and will the log-in password remain the same?

(Yes, I know I could just jump in, change it and find out. But I'd like to know that I can still log into the Dis.)

Thanks in advance.

princess::upsidedow

On the old boards you had to confirm the address change with an email sent to the email you were using. Not sure how that works now.

Yep that's how it works they will send a confirmation email to the email address and you have to confirm it to be able to post or reply to threads, so be careful. I will tell you I was not getting email notifications after the conversion and I had an aol email address. Went in and re entered it, I never got the confirmation email. Even after pushing the resend button multiple times. So then I changed to my hotmail address and same thing never got the confirmation email. Nor were they going to spam/junk folders. Then changed it to gmail address and shew now I'm fine. I got the confirmation email at gmail and am back to getting thread reply posts to gmail. But if you don't get that confirmation email to confirm your account you won't be able to post here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter