What has changed?

sarahb74

Mouseketeer
Hi - we have been to DLP several times but last time was December 2015, and we are heading back next Sunday
spin2.gif
. I read the forums from time to time and have seen some changes but haven't kept up with exactly what is happening at the moment, so would be grateful for some advice.

So, last time we went, there were characters in the on-site hotels, but I read that had moved to EMH in the parks, then I saw that EMH is now an hour instead of two so are the characters still in the parks or did they go back to the hotels?

Also I see lots of different characters on the schedule at the moment (I assume they are for Halloween as there are lots of villains) - most say, for example, Cheshire Cat or friends, is the "or friends" bit just in case they don't have the right staff around, or is it actually a rotation, and if so what sort of other characters appear? And do these more unusual characters have big lines?

Lastly, my 11 year old is still obsessed with characters and wants to see as many as possible, I've tried saying that we have seen Mickey etc so often we don't need to queue for them again but he doesn't want to miss out if they have Halloween costumes, does anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks!

We were visiting in September and left just before all the Halloween stuff started so I'm not sure how useful this will be, but we saw more characters on this trip than EVER before. Pluto and Goofy were wandering around, Main Street had Chip and Dale all dressed up in anniversary costumes, as well as an incredible number of meet and greets for Peter Pan and co, Jungle Book, we saw Moana at the studios, Goofy, Buzz as well... Genuinely the list goes on. I felt like they'd really gone for it this year. The only thing I'd say though was some queues were pretty long, especially at Main Street, so I'd recommend using EMH for those. Our hotel (Newport) apparently had characters but we never saw them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!