What if flight times change?

disneydreamerinny

Elliot’s MiMi
Will the airlines inform you ahead of time or is it something you have to check yourself?

If you have to check yourself then how do you do it? A phone call? I checked the website and it wont let you check the flight until the day before departure.
Is there some other way to check it online?

We are flying delta by the way in May.

I had this happen when we flew to Ireland in July 2000. Delta notified us by phone a few weeks before our flight.

I already know that our flight has changed slightly for our flight to Cancun this November, but since it is still early I haven't been notified officialy by Delta.

Of course you are probably wondering how I know....I work at an airport and the Delta agent that helped us with the flight let us know. In addition you can check the airlines website to see if any changes have been made. And as always, you can call and inquire.

P.S. you can check online on the Delta site by trying to set up a reservation. It will show you the flights and times.

If you have Delta frequent flyer card and you gave your number to the reservation agent you should be able to go to the delta web site and pull up your reservation. You will first have to set up a pin and I am pretty sure they walk you thru that on the web site. My trip to Italy has changed 4 times, but all of the changes have been 10 min one way or the other. It is a little confusing to look at though since they show me each change.

Definately get a Delta Sky Miles number and a PIN so you can check your itinerary online. I check mine at least once a week. I booked my flights last April for our trip to Orlando this Saturday (3/2). Our departing times changed slightly a couple times before 9/11. After that not only did the times change, but the flights completely changed. Our Detroit to Cincy flight number is now a Baltimore to somewhere on the West Coast flight! The next time our connecting flight in Cincy was leaving BEFORE our new departure time in Detroit. (The system knew this was wrong and kicked out our seat assignments.) Then our return flight only gave us 20 minutes to connect.
I always called immediately to fix it - if you wait for them to call you, the prime flights (and prime seat assignments) are already booked. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter