"What if we just went to Disney tomorrow?"

DaddyRobbinDisney

Earning My Ears
So........

I am a band director in Austin, Texas and am very fortunate to work in a great school with a great BAND and FOOTBALL TEAM. This year we won the state marching band championship and our football team is on its way to wining a state football title!

Anyway, a week ago, I was driving home from a playoff football game. The other director and I are both Disney peeps. His sister is a main stage cast member on disney cruise ships and he was going on a cruise to visit her the next day. I was totally bummed because he was about to take this great vacation and I was just going to sit at home all day. My family has an all out 7 day vacation booked to WDW in March, but thats so far away! So I turn to my friend and ask "How much do you think it would cost me to take the fam to the promised land tomorrow?" I whip out my phone and start pricing a mini get away vacation. I find out I could do a three night three day park stay at WDW for CrAzY cheap!?!? I found some last minute flights for only 700 for all three of us!!! IT WAS ON. 12 hours later my sweet family was ON A PLANE!!! I am NOT the spontaneous type!! But we just couldn't pass it up!

Day One - Saturday Travel 11/22

I booked the trip the night before at 11 PM so we had A LOT to get done. We also decided to surprise little Joe, so after running around crazy all morning we pulled in with a very confused little 5 year old :-)

He was SUPER excited once we dropped the bomb and made our way into the terminal. After our two flights AUS -> CLT -> MCO we headed down to the rental counters and found out we were upgraded to a SWEET Lexus SUV instead of our economy. And we jetted out to catch wishes from the poly before we hit the hay for a big day at the parks. Wishes of course was AMAZING even from the poly shore, then we headed to our hotel. I found a ridiculous deal on a room at the Clarion Inn, the room was fine, we paid $180 for three nights, and for THAT the room was great. No complaints considering the I paid nothing for the room.

Day Two - SUNDAY FUNDAY - Magic Kingdom 11/23

We wake up early on Sunday to a light rain. All I think when I see light sprinkles is NO CROWDS, so we jumped in the SUV, grabbed a quick donut, and headed to MK! My favorite way to enter the parks is by the ferry, but my 5 year old LOVES the monorail, so we headed in. The day was AMAZING. To be honest, it was probably on of my all time favorite days at MK. Partly because we had only decided to go the day before, but it was just an amazing day with my family. I am also a major christmas elf, so to be able to see all the wonderful decorations up was very emotional for me. I use touringplans.com so we headed to the back of the park to snag rides before we had a scheduled hour to soak in main street. There was MINOR rain, barely a sprinkle, but it held of the crowd big time. By 10 o'clock we were able to ride BTM x3, SM x4, ride pirates, the JINGLE cruise, grab a dole whip, and stop by the christmas shop to grab some gifts for friends and family. It was AWESOME!

For the rest of the morning we took our time walking through main street, shopping, and taking it all in. Before my lunch DR at Tonys. We even had time to grab a meet and greet with Tinkerbell (my wife's FAVORITE) Lunch was fantastic, my wife and I split the Cannelloni and a salad (which was still a ton of food). I've always read mixed reviews, but I will tell you I LOVED this spot. We were able to sit in the sun room so we could look out onto main street while we took a little break. Food was great and FAST. For sure a great experience for the price.

After lunch we made our way through the park starting in tomorrowland so little Joe could take his FIRST ride on Space Mountain. He is 44" by the HAIRS on his head. He was SO BRAVE and LOVED IT! It was fantastic. After SM, Laugh Floor, and the PM we went to go watch the 3 o clock parade and RIGHT at 3 it started POURING. We were prepared with rain gear so we INSTANTLY headed for the mine train and the line was GONE. After the mine train we made our way around the park fitting in all the stops we wanted before heading to Casey's for dinner. After dinner we grabbed some treats for the ELP and Wishes and grabbed a spot.

I always get really emotional when I watch wishes with Joseph, reminds me of my childhood and how much I love watching him enjoy the parks with me. It had been a long day so right after the show we headed back to the hotel. It was easily one of my most memorable days in MK.

Here is an iCloud album of our photos.....I will check back here soon to write up the day two log at epcot :-)

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B08G6XBubgz09e

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter