What is a Friend

A true friend is someone who will continue to be in your life AFTER your employment with Disney ends and you can no longer get them into Disney for free! šŸ¤£ As a Disney cast member, you wouldn't believe how many adoring so-called "friends" I had! As a former cast member ... crickets. hehehe

Last edited:
Normally to me an acquaintance is someone who you don't really know a lot of about, you know them maybe by virtue of a specific social circle but you don't really engage in meaningful or strong bonding interactions with them and your interactions are usually brief moments here and there. Like maybe you see them in the grocery store and it's a hi and by thing. Or you see them at a work function and you talk for a few moments and then move on.

If you're spending quality time with people hopefully by defining it as quality time you know them, you find yourself bonding with them and they aren't just people you would exchange very brief pleasantries with them before moving on.

I guess personally speaking I might find myself a bit hurt if we spent what you would call quality time with me but you merely thought of me as an acquaintance. Obviously that's a personal thing because it's totally your viewpoint on the term friend :)
Maybe, it is just the term. It is thrown around so casually, especially with social media sites. Perhaps, acquaintance isn't the perfect term, but there are certainly levels of friendship. I've spent time with many people who have drifed out of my life without a great deal of sadness on either part. I guess I would have to call them casual friends.

Maybe, it is just the term. It is thrown around so casually, especially with social media sites. Perhaps, acquaintance isn't the perfect term, but there are certainly levels of friendship. I've spent time with many people who have drifed out of my life without a great deal of sadness on either part. I guess I would have to call them casual friends.
I think that's where most of us are--that we have different levels of friends totally gotcha there :)

I think the thing with social media sites is that sometimes people take the terms so literal. For instance to connect with someone on FB I "friend" them. That's what the action is called. The name for individual people I'm connected with on FB are on my "friends" list. Maybe if they weren't called friends but rather something else people wouldn't object as much maybe to the term being used more cavalier-like in those situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter