What is absolute fastest way from airport to resort?

Praise2Him

DIS Veteran
Due to work obligations I won't arrive at the airport until about 6 pm. We're staying at Poly concierge and I need to get there, drop off my suitcase and get to the MK to meet my family for MVMCP, hopefully by 7 pm. Is this possible? I'm thinking a taxi would be fastest and cheapest. I'd rather not pay for a towncar for just me, but would if necessary.

Fastest way? Star Trek style transporter. Hands down.

Unfortunetly, they haven't invented it yet. Sooooo... in the meantime... either a towncar or a taxi would be the next quickest way. My guess is that it would run around $50 one way. I'd imagine a one way Towncar trip might be simmilar.

As for whether or not you'll be able to make it on time... you're pushing it... I hate to say this, but I don't think you'll be able to make it to the MK by 7:00... I'd guess 7:30-8:00 would be more along the lines.

A towncar will probably be cheaper than a taxi. We use Happy Limo but ended up taking a taxi to the airport once when we had a last-minute change of plans. It definitely cost more!
Use a towncar for the fastest, most convenient transportation. The shuttles make you wait until they are full and then stop at multiple resorts...ugh!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

A taxi, right outside luggage pick up. Now pray your plane doesn't get delayed at take off and landing, I have experienced both.

RobinLyn

Hmm...
Let's assume your plane actually hits the gate at 6:00.
If you're not seated too far back, you may be off the plane in 5 minutes. If your suitcase was a carry-on, you can reach ground transportation in 10 minutes and grab a cab. (If not, add another 20 minutes or so.) The cab ride will take about 30-40 minutes. (I've not timed it.)

Did you mean register at the Polynesian or literally "drop off your suitcase"? If you really want to register, plan 5-20 minutes (there may be a line). If not, just hand your suitcase to a porter and ask to have it stored. You have to wait for the tag but still it's only a couple minutes. Waiting for the monorail and riding it to MK will take 5-15 minutes. Walking from the monorail platform into MK will take about 5 minutes.

So while there's almost no chance you can make it by 7:00 unless your plane arrives early, there's a good chance you can make it by 7:15 if everything goes smoothly.

How much luggage to do have? Is it just carry on? Could the majority of your luggage be sent with your family. By pass the resort and go directly to MK via taxi or towncar. Store your carry on in a locker.

Yes, my family will already be registered and I'll only have a carry-on. That's a great idea to just go directly to the MK and put it in a locker. Thanks!

So, the taxi and towncar would be approximately the same price? I was thinking I saw a sign on a taxi stand while waiting for Mears once that it was somewhere around $30 one way, but maybe I'm wrong. At first I was thinking that we'd just take a taxi instead of Mears because it was about the same price, but then I realized that it was only one way! LOL

If anyone knows (or thinks they know) about how much the taxi would be, please let me know! Thanks!

Don't forget that WDW security will have to go thur your carryon before you can store it in a locker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter