What is missing from Disney + that you would like to see on it?

When I was a kid, my parents would not take us to movies because, as long as Wonderful World of Disney was on every Sunday night, the movies would eventually make their way to TV and we'd see then there for free (this was in the era of rabbit ears and 3 network channels mind you - color TV was still relatively new, Fox network wasn't even a thing). They never did show the big-screen movies though - it was always the low-budget movies based on following families of bears through the woods or some such nonsense. Here's the thing though; I want to show those movies to my kids so they get a sense for the "good old days", but even Disney won't put those movies in the Disney+ archives. So yeah, the WWoD content would be great!

I'm sure that there are some copyright things involved with this that Disney doesn't want to get into like their relationship with Square Enix over Kingdom Hearts. But I would love to see some Studio Ghibli stuff make an appearance sometime like My Neighbor Totoro and/or Ponyo (which I specifically remember seeing previews for on old Blu-ray discs). It was also brought up that some people would like to see some of the older Kingdom Hearts stuff (like the ones that have little to no gameplay left (358/2 comes to mind) after remastery) get put on as movies and I think its a way to go but not the best. Also, 4k movies would be great but only the ones that can be please. I don't even want to know how warped and oversaturated Steamboat Willie could get when remastered.

I'm sure that there are some copyright things involved with this that Disney doesn't want to get into like their relationship with Square Enix over Kingdom Hearts. But I would love to see some Studio Ghibli stuff make an appearance sometime like My Neighbor Totoro and/or Ponyo (which I specifically remember seeing previews for on old Blu-ray discs). It was also brought up that some people would like to see some of the older Kingdom Hearts stuff (like the ones that have little to no gameplay left (358/2 comes to mind) after remastery) get put on as movies and I think its a way to go but not the best. Also, 4k movies would be great but only the ones that can be please. I don't even want to know how warped and oversaturated Steamboat Willie could get when remastered.

Disney and Studio Ghibli no longer have a distribution deal in the US. I beleive they are on HBO MAX but they still use the Disney produced dubs for the ones that have them.

Technically anything on film can be remastered in 4K, it's jsut a matter of how much care they put into the process. Sometimes they come out looking bad, but they wouldn't have to as long as they they take care to do it right. One mistake that is often made is the removal of the grain - Film grain is NOT A FLAW. I definitely understand your concerns. The copies they do have on D+ are pretty good from what I've seen, but I do want to see more 4K masters as well though.

I'm actually waiting for Tangled the series season 3 to come on Disney+ here in The Netherlands. Is it already available in the countries where you guys are from?

I'm actually waiting for Tangled the series season 3 to come on Disney+ here in The Netherlands. Is it already available in the countries where you guys are from?

Season 3 is on Disney+ in the US. I'm sure it will be there soon. Here they only load shows from Disney Channel after they are done airing that season.

Last edited:
-Scarecrow of Romney Marsh.
-In Search of Pirates Inn
-All of the original Mickey Mouse Ckub series: each season of Spin and Marty, Annette, the Hardy Boys, etc
-Danger Bay
-Wonderful World of Disney movies from each decade. You know, movies that we remember a scene of plots but no clue of the title.

There are definitely a few older films that they can fill in. I think one of the Dexter Riley trilogy is msissing. The Scarecrow of Romeny Marsh and The Island at the Top of the World would be nice. In Search of the Castaways is another. I'd also like to see more 4K masters, especially for Avatar and maybe even 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Titan A.E. would be a nice addition from the Fox library. There is probably a ton more!
“Now you see him now you don’t” is the missing Dexter Riley. Can’t wait until they release it

When I was a kid, my parents would not take us to movies because, as long as Wonderful World of Disney was on every Sunday night, the movies would eventually make their way to TV and we'd see then there for free (this was in the era of rabbit ears and 3 network channels mind you - color TV was still relatively new, Fox network wasn't even a thing). They never did show the big-screen movies though - it was always the low-budget movies based on following families of bears through the woods or some such nonsense. Here's the thing though; I want to show those movies to my kids so they get a sense for the "good old days", but even Disney won't put those movies in the Disney+ archives. So yeah, the WWoD content would be great!
The New Mickey Mouse Club goes to Walt Disney World is on there. Such great memories from Wonderful World of D.
Do you remember the Carnival Capers? The memory is somewhat faint but I remember I loved it.

It's very light on content. Lots of Disney Channel programs from the 90s are missing as well as the Disney Sunday Movies. There are few of the later, but lots are missing such as Beyond Witch Mountain.

I find that some of the versions of the movies are not missing, but not in a format that I remember. I have a VHS tape of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh that is not on D+, but you can view a different version of it. That's weird.

Counterfeit Cat, wasted on kids and absolutely brilliant.
Oswald The Lucky Rabbit and the original Alice Cartoons.
And my favourite non animated movie 'Third Man On The Mountain'
The wonderful World of Disney shows hosted by Walt himself.
For us Brits ESPN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter