What is the best day of the week to go to Discovery Cove?

pw2pp

DIS Veteran
What is the best day of the week to go to Discovery Cove and swim with the dolphins?

Right now, all of the days that we are in Florida are available to the Dolphin Swim, so we have our choice.

Is there ever a day that they are not booked and you get a better ratio of people to Dolphins?

We are going to Florida during President's Week. Do you think that week will be completely booked?

I don't think you need to worry about dolphin/people ratios. They take folks out to play with the dolphins in "pods" of about 6 to 8 people.

The best advice I can give you is to request an early dolphin swim. Then arrive before opening to make sure your party is in one of the first pods. The theory is that the dolphins are more rested in the morning and more interested in interacting with humans.

We are going President's week too. I booked our dolphin swim day yesterday for Monday, Feb, 18th for two and the reservationist said that this day was extremely limited for availability. (as I was inquiring about the possiblity of taking the kids too). But the in-laws will have kids, so hubby and I got the day...
I cant wait!! Im such a sea person!

We went on Sunday, and it wasn't crowded.. just get an early swim time, our was for 1005...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter