What is the extra adult charge?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
This doesn't pertain to me but I'm just curious, what is the extra adult charge now? Is it different for the different resort levels?

This doesn't pertain to me but I'm just curious, what is the extra adult charge now? Is it different for the different resort levels?

For stays in 2018. May go up again once rates for 2019 are released.

Value resorts - $15
Moderate resorts - $25
Deluxe resorts - $35

We're staying in a Deluxe CL room at BWI that sleeps six, and they still charged $35 apiece for our two grown children. That is just wrong! :mad:

Agree! I think it's ridiculous to charge more for "extra" adults. If a room sleeps six and you have no more than that in your room, you shouldn't be charged extra period. Just another way to gouge people, and I know it's not just Disney, lots of hotels do that, but still wrong.

Agree! I think it's ridiculous to charge more for "extra" adults. If a room sleeps six and you have no more than that in your room, you shouldn't be charged extra period. Just another way to gouge people, and I know it's not just Disney, lots of hotels do that, but still wrong.

Think of it as resort fees, free for the first and second guest of each room.

The only time I actually had to register all the guests in my room, aside from Disney, is at all inclusive resorts. I have never booked a hotel room that I needed to give any more information than just my own name. Since Disney is not all inclusive, not feeding extra people or providing any service to extra people, the room should be the price posted. they would only know who is in the room if guests booked a package.

OP here. I just tried to get my friend who lives in Naples FL to meet me for an overnight in May. She priced out a room at ASSports and because she has 4 adults in the room and they now charge for parking her cost to stay onsite is $185. That is mid week and with a summer savings discount.

The way the resort sees it, those other adults could be paying for their own room. So to them, those other adults are getting a 90% discount.

This exactly.

I have no problem with the extra adult fee. They can do away with it once they start charging couples and solos less for the room and go to a per person rate.

Last edited:
OP here. I just tried to get my friend who lives in Naples FL to meet me for an overnight in May. She priced out a room at ASSports and because she has 4 adults in the room and they now charge for parking her cost to stay onsite is $185. That is mid week and with a summer savings discount.

Depending on dates (prices vary wildly. I've seen as low as $150 and as high as $523 inclusive of Resort Fee and Self Parking, but not taxes), you might be able to get the Swan/Dolphin for the same price or slightly more. Much Nicer, Indoor Rooms, Earn Starpoints/Status, On Disney property, they still get 60 Day FastPasses and EMH if I remember correctly, you can walk or catch a boat to Epcot or MGM, and they have their own character breakfast (never tried it) on-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter