What is the length of your longest vacation?

We've settled on 12 nights. The place we stay in Key West has a Stay 3 nights get the 4th half price deal. As much as we love it there we are ready to be home after 12 days. We also need to keep our customers happy by filling their orders. We got back a week ago and it takes a good 6-7 business days to get caught up.

We're going back to Universal Orlando for 12 nights first of December. Our longest stay there so far.

Right after college I went to Europe and toured 7 countries with my friends for a month. Then we all started our grown up jobs.

Since I’ve been a working adult with a family, the longest was 15 days in London and South Africa this past summer.

Solo I spent 3 weeks with my parents a couple of years ago. It consisted of a few days in San Diego, 2 weeks on Maui, another few days in San Diego. Pure bliss!

An 80 day road trip earlier this year. I drove cross-country staying at hotels. I hit up all of the major National Parks, Vegas/Reno, Disneyland, and even went up into Canada. But I am retired now so I have the time to do this.

We just did a 35-day driving trip to Florida and in and around Florida -- about 3,000 miles or so total round-trip. But before that we did 2 RV trips in 2010 and 2011 which completed the rest of the 50 states for us. Each trip averaged about 7,200 miles round-trip and were 30 days each. And I'd do them again in a heartbeat (just love driving trips).

Last edited:
Our longest has been just over 5 weeks. We did a month at WDW followed by a week in London plus travel time. Most of our trips are for around a month though. When we are travelling so far and it's costing so much to get there, we want to make the most of it.

Disney Panama Canal Cruise- two weeks, plus a few days in San Diego Tied with Disney Mediterranean cruise (12 nights) plus a few nights before and after in Barcelona!

6 weeks at Disney World is our longest. Toward the end, the magic was definitely waning. We now stick to 1-2 weeks at a time no matter where we go.

My longest trip was a solo backpack trip to Europe at age 24. I had friends in both Dublin and Glasgow and could use those as a home base as needed. 13 countries on a EuRail Pass, total of 5 months. Lots of bread and cheese, this was by no means a luxury vacation but eye-opening, exciting, and fun !

I also spent 20 days in Hawaii, spread over Oahu, Maui, and Kaui. Actually, it was two travel days on both ends so really just 16 solid days/nights in Hawaii itself.

I'm partial to 10 day vacations, they seem to work perfectly for me, whether it be a cruise, a Disney vacation, or an international trip. If I can manage it, I try to get away at least three times each year but also take a 10 day staycation right in the beach town where I live during July.

My longest trip was a solo backpack trip to Europe at age 24. I had friends in both Dublin and Glasgow and could use those as a home base as needed. 13 countries on a EuRail Pass, total of 5 months. Lots of bread and cheese, this was by no means a luxury vacation but eye-opening, exciting, and fun !

I also spent 20 days in Hawaii, spread over Oahu, Maui, and Kaui. Actually, it was two travel days on both ends so really just 16 solid days/nights in Hawaii itself.

I'm partial to 10 day vacations, they seem to work perfectly for me, whether it be a cruise, a Disney vacation, or an international trip. If I can manage it, I try to get away at least three times each year but also take a 10 day staycation right in the beach town where I live during July.

I agree about the length of the vacation -- after all the traveling we have done, 7-days is a blip to us and not enough to allow us to get into the groove and make the most of it. We've come to depend on 2-3 weeks if we can make it work. Looking soooo forward to my retirement in September, then we can go wherever we want when we want without getting "permission". Happy travels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter