What is the Run/Walk pace at the DW Marathon?

OSUJEN

Earning My Ears
I am currently training at a run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute pace, but if I run with a pace group at the marathon, what is their pace? I want to train to what I'm going to actually do, obviously :)

Each of the pace groups will run a different RWR interval. What is your goal time?

JG prefers 30 second walk breaks nowdays, so likely whatever the pace groups are doing will be 30 second walk. Examples: 2:00/30. 60/30, 30/30, etc.

Remember that the pace groups are in corrals that match their anticipated time. If your corral is further back from that you’ll have to rush to catch up or go it alone.

I too currently train at the run 2 walk 1 pace and I am pretty comfortable with what my pace per mile is at that interval for long runs and know that it is well with in the pacing limits so I am going to stick with it for the marathon, since this will be my first. I tried to switch to the 30 sec walk and could never get a good rhythm down and ended up being slower. I have calculated what my estimated finish time to be at the 2/1 pace per mile and figure as long as I can keep the pacing group with that finish time in my sites or behind me I'm good.

I think you'll see runners doing all different types of intervals in Disney, but the pacers themselves may all be doing 30 second walks. My wife and I will be going about it much differently... run 1/2 mile, walk 1/2 mile. That's what is currently working for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter