What is the worst injury you have ever had?

I've cracked the same ribs twice, 3.5 years apart. That was painful. One was from falling down a flight of stairs at work, the other because I missed a step and fell off the back porch on the house we were building. Yes, I'm a klutz!

But those were both passing. I injured my back in a car accident in 2000 and the pain has never fully left. So that is probably the worst as it's residual.

I also received a concussion in junior high when I took a fast pitch softball to the head TWICE in the same practice! No I wasn't wearing a helmet. The first was while playing 1st base and the right fielder and I collided (I called it but they didn't stop), and the ball hit me on the side of the head. About 20 minutes later while sitting on the sidelines the catcher missed the pitch (FAST pitch), it bounced off their glove and hit me while I was sitting nearby. Took the hit in the same spot!!!!! After that my dad decided that I was done practicing for the day.

Fractured pelvis last year. Ironically, it was my first broken bone ever.

Concussion as a kid. Ran and tripped on cracked and raised up sidewalk and smacked my head onto the concrete. I was about 3-4. Was throwing up non stop so my parents took me to hospital and there was a hairline crack. Then when I was about 12, I was running to catch the bus as I was late. And I again tripped and smacked my head on concrete. Saw stars and laid there trying to get myself together. Missed the bus and started crying when a neighbor drove by and saw me. She drove me to school and suggested I go to nurse but I didn't. I suspect it was another concussion.

Stitches and broken bones: only broke toes twice and had like 2 stitches in a finger. Have had car accidents but walked away without injury.

Not too bad. (knock wood)

Last edited:

Had a nagging neck thing that would flare up occasionally for 20+ years because of a tackling drill when I was a sophomore in HS, then recently strained a non throwing rotator and holy smokes, 4 months later and it is still sore at times.....I’m very coordinated so “clumsy” type injuries I can avoid....for now lol

Nothing much. Observation hip, broken leg, broken arm, nothing terribly awful :)

No broken bones, thank the Lord!
Years ago, over Columbus Day weekend, I woke up took my first step out of bed for the day & began 6 months of daily, excruciating distress from sciatica. I seriously considered asking a doctor to amputate my leg if it wasn’t going to get better.
It did & I still have these 2 chubby legs.

Broken patella (knee cap). Broke in an accident..got cast off, fell the next day and rebroke it. That was a LONG time ago!

Broken wrist from falling off the high bar on the playground in middle school.

Tore my calf muscle in half November 2016 and I still have issues from it. I was doing that fast walk but not quite a jog at work when it just went POP. Was at work so had to go see their doctors and what not. I truly believe I would not be having the issues I still have if I had seen my doctor and my physical therapist instead.

Concussion with no lasting effects. Strange how my memories of what happened before and after we’re either hazy or totally not there. A relative picked me up and sent me to the ER for evaluation. Said I was lucid and talking, but I didn’t remember a thing. What I remember clearly was crossing the street to the hospital garage.

That wasn’t necessarily a big physical injury. I’ve had hairline fractures and swollen extremities from trauma, but those were mild. However, a complete and clean dislocated joint was probably the worst physical injury. As soon as the ER doc saw it, he asked “what sport?”

Been fortunate.
Only time I ever stayed in a hospital was to give birth or be born.
Hope the trend continues into older age.

Worst injury was dropping a pot on my foot about 6 ft from the ground in a store and breaking a toe.

A slushy NYC winter wearing an old style open toed podiatrist prescribed blue boot is no fun.
Yessss I can tell when cold weather is coming via that toe. Sigh.

Maybe a few paper cuts over the years. I've been fortunate.
:goodvibes Those do smart though. I've got a couple pesky health maladies I'm dealing with but I've never been hurt that I can remember. A fish bit me on our recent vacation, so I guess there's that...:fish:

stitches by my right eye, I fell down on a outside basketball court when I was a teenager. And there was some broken beer bottles on the court, we tried to kick them off, but a few pieces of glass were still there. If you look real close, you could still see a little tiny scar by my eye

I splashed myself with boiling oil once. 2nd degree burns on my hand and arm. It's my standard for pain now. Mid-labor I was like, "Yeah, this is bad. But it's not cooking oil accident bad."

1956 a 6yo klutz walking across yard with roller skates on and fell resulting in left arm broken.

:crutches: enjoy---

1998 a 48yo KLUTZ cleaning pool I slipped, fell in hitting back resulting in 2 cracked ribs. Trip to ER instead of WDW vacation the following day.

:charac2:---

2011 a 61yo KLUTZ at mile 72 of a 100 mile bicycle ride with 2 buddies we had to evade a car that crossed over center line heading for us. Crashed the bicycle and results were a minor broken neck (no HALO) just immobilizing brace for 16 weeks, broken collar bone with arm in sling for 6 weeks and LTN injury -- still have resulting effects.

:drive: bad driver---

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter