What Is This, A Haunted Ride? May '18 TR UPDT 6/24

Following along! We are staying at BC for the first time in September and have a reservation for the Yachtsman also. Hopefully it good!

I am following along as well!

I work as a nurse practitioner by day, but really I'm just an aspiring stay at home dog mom :rolleyes1 I live in a suburb north of Boston with DH and our fur ba
Where in Boston are you? We used to live in Sommerville. We loved Boston but it was just $$$. My mom used to be a nurse practitioner, she has since retired.

UMMM… she likes to make things up and it was annoying me! Our waiter came over and said that yes, we could all share the kitchen sink as its worth four desserts on the DDP… but mom has a dairy allergy so we’d have to get all dairy free ice cream.
This is good to know. I haven't heard this yet. But I always wondered if you were able to do that!

Ice cream and Booze, heck yes!! That is most certainly the right way to start the trip. Looking forward to hearing about the steakhouse. I think we might try it in January!

BTW I went to TJ Maxx the other day and I dont know why I dont shop there more often! I found some great stuff for the warm summer heat because you know we didnt get "spring" this year

Joining in. :wave2: I can't wait to hear about the Yahtsman as we have reservations planned for our upcoming trip.

WELCOME! I'm hoping to get an update in tomorrow or Thursday... stayed tuned!

Following along! We are staying at BC for the first time in September and have a reservation for the Yachtsman also. Hopefully it good!

Yay, welcome!! AWWW you'll love the BC AND Yachtsman! SOO excited for you!!

I am following along as well!

Welcome!! yay!!

Where in Boston are you? We used to live in Sommerville. We loved Boston but it was just $$$. My mom used to be a nurse practitioner, she has since retired.

We live in Danvers- so North SHore. EXPENSIVE for sure! EEK. aww I love that your mom was/is an NP! I miss my RN job, but I've only been an NP for a little less than a year so I'm hoping it gets better!

This is good to know. I haven't heard this yet. But I always wondered if you were able to do that!

:cutie::cutie:
Ice cream and Booze, heck yes!! That is most certainly the right way to start the trip. Looking forward to hearing about the steakhouse. I think we might try it in January!

BTW I went to TJ Maxx the other day and I dont know why I dont shop there more often! I found some great stuff for the warm summer heat because you know we didnt get "spring" this year

YES YES YES! Love TJ!! Actually Marshalls is better, but TJ i good too! haha! #feedmyshoppingaddiction

Looking forward to your Yachtsman review...we are considering this restaurant for our next trip!

It was SO good!

Enjoying your report!
What was with the family not being awed by the Beach Club?!

Right?! Pfft.

19 snack credits? I'm hooked already! Loving your report so far.

Snack credits = life.

Joining in! Loving your report so far!

Welcome!! So happy to have you!

I think the nearest Marshall’s is either north reading or Burlington. I’ll have to go check them out too!

Yes!!

Yachtsman Steakhouse

It starting POURING on our bus ride back to the BC! But we were headed into to our room so we didn't care. We retrieved our bags from Bell Service took the elevator to our room... 4629. The anticipation for me was high! I LOVE that 'walk into your room on vacation feeling'.

We had two
queen beds and a day bed, perfect for us! Adam insisted on sleeping on the day bed even though I told him we could share... so I got a queen sized bed to myself for the week!

I immediately made a bee line for our teeny tiny balcony - they aren't kidding when they say small. But we were okay with this!

Views:

IMG_0932 (2).jpg

We got unpacked and relaxed for a bit. We had a 7pm ADR at Yachtsman so I decided to take a little nap since it was perfect napping weather. The parents decided they wanted to wander around the hotel grounds and Adam decided to stay in the room with me... aka: snapchat uninterrupted :duck:

I woke up around 5:30pm and got in the shower around 6pm. Adam and I got dressed for dinner and around 6:45 I texted Mom and asked where she and Dad were so we could meet them. She told me they were... wait for it.... "at the beach club".

Hmm. yeah okay mom I know that....

giphy.gif

I didn't feel like going back and forth with her so Adam and I decided we'd just head out and find them at a bar.... haha! I ended up calling Mom because we couldn't find them and she told us they were "at the beach club, near where we ate lunch"
AKA: Beaches 'n Cream.

We got checked in to the Yachtsman right on time and waited a few minutes for our table. Our server was Lynn, who was initially great, but as the night went on the service dissipated.

Dad asked me to order him a drink and from then on it become a 'tradition' that every meal we had I would pick a special drink for us! I ordered us all habanero margaritas (except the kid got sprite, obvs) . These were DELICIOUS. And very strong. Just the way I like them!

We got the yummy onion rolls.. .delicious!

IMG_0935.jpg

These are not dairy free so they brought Mom out her own rolls with DF but
ter. Since we were on the DxDDP we all got an appetizer.

Mom got the charioteer without cheese (so meat. she got meat.)

IMG_0937.jpg

I got the clam cakes... YUM!

IMG_0938.jpg

Dad and Adam got the lobster bisque and they RAVED about this. They were a little alarmed at first because I guess they were used to chunks of lobster in their bisque but they said this was delicious and they were not disappointed!

IMG_0936 (1).jpg

Then we waited.

We sipped our drinks. We talked about the day and our plans for the next day. We talked about the rain. We all took a turn to go to the bathroom. For 40 minutes. Our waitress kept walking by us and serving other people but never stopped to ask if we wanted another drink or give us an update on our food.

An hour went by- Dad had to flag her down and said, 'didn't forget about us did you'? And she glanced our way, said, 'nope' without even stopping, she just kept walking by!! Didn't even ask if we wanted more drinks... spoiler: we wanted another drink.

At 8:45pm our meals finally came! And boy the food did not disappoint!

Mom, Dad and Adam all got the filet mignon. Mom got hers with a baked potato because they couldn't do mashed potato DF. Dad and Adam got the mashed. Everyone RAVED about how delicious this was!

upload_2018-6-22_20-0-26.png

I got the Maine lobster... delicous! I was really full some my appetizer, drink, and rolls so I didn't finish all my meal and decided to take the left overs to go.

upload_2018-6-22_20-0-57.png

We were all STUFFED and passed on dessert... which is definitely not like us!

Originally I thought I would want to head back to MK for fireworks but it was chilly, rainy, and everyone was tired... so we all headed back to the room and got ready for bed.

But first, a selfie

IMG_0942.jpg

Tomorrow is EPCOT!

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
Dad asked me to order him a drink and from then on it become a 'tradition' that every meal we had I would pick a special drink for us! I ordered us all habanero margaritas (except the kid got sprite, obvs) . These were DELICIOUS. And very strong. Just the way I like them!
I love this as a tradition!

Dad and Adam got the lobster bisque and they RAVED about this. They were a little alarmed at first because I guess they were used to chunks of lobster in their bisque but they said this was delicious and they were not disappointed!

img_0936-1-jpg.331900
That soup does look good!

I am def putting this on the list for us next time. Morgan loves a good steak and since she is considered an adult now for Disney Dinning plan, she can go to town on what she wants! We will see!

Can't wait to hear more!

You have me so excited for our stay at Beach Club in August! Small balcony or not I can't wait!

So glad to see your meal at Yachtsman was great despite the service. I've never been able to leave the steaks to get seafood but your lobster looks awesome. Our service at Yachtsman has never been good, but yours seems absolutely absurd. You all were way more patient than I would have been.

Overall the beginning started our rocky buy after some alcohol and ice cream, things were looking up!
:laughing: Alcohol + ice cream should be able to make anything better!

Our first Minnie Van (and all subsequent rides) was amazing!
Since the service began, no lie, I think we've had.................20 Minnie Van rides? LOVE THEM. I highly recommend them every chance I get. It's totally worth the $$ to us although I completely understand why it's not for others, but to ride in such comfort, cleanliness, and with such friendly and interesting drivers as we've always had just adds to our experience. Plus the cool looking vehicle of course ::MinnieMo

She told me they were... wait for it.... "at the beach club"
o_O

Dad asked me to order him a drink and from then on it become a 'tradition' that every meal we had I would pick a special drink for us!
I love this! Glad you guys had a great experience at YS despite your server. Steve and I went there for our anniversary on our very first kid-free trip and I've wanted to return ever since, especially since our youngest loves steak. Planning on it for Nov. :)

You have me so excited for our stay at Beach Club in August! Small balcony or not I can't wait!

AH you'll love it! We checked into the GF last night and DH told me he likes the Beach Club better hahah! Granted it was midnight when we arrived, and all he has seen in the lobby, Gasparillas and our room. The Beach is just so nice!

So glad to see your meal at Yachtsman was great despite the service. I've never been able to leave the steaks to get seafood but your lobster looks awesome. Our service at Yachtsman has never been good, but yours seems absolutely absurd. You all were way more patient than I would have been.

Ugh whats with the service?!

:laughing: Alcohol + ice cream should be able to make anything better!

Amen sister!

I highly recommend them every chance I get. It's totally worth the $$ to us although I completely understand why it's not for others, but to ride in such comfort, cleanliness, and with such friendly and interesting drivers as we've always had just adds to our experience. Plus the cool looking vehicle of course ::MinnieMo

YES to everything! I think they are a great option, wether people use them once per trip for those 'stay late for the fireworks don't want to wait forever for a bus' nights, or every trip to the parks! I get that some people won't want to dish out $25 per ride too! I like that the bus times are available in the app now so you can kind of 'plan' if you want to call for a minnie van or if you can time it with a bus... does that make sense? haha!

I love this! Glad you guys had a great experience at YS despite your server. Steve and I went there for our anniversary on our very first kid-free trip and I've wanted to return ever since, especially since our youngest loves steak. Planning on it for Nov. :)

The best traditions are the ones that happy naturally! I would say Yachtsman is definitely worth a visit - for the margs alone, really. haha!

Cape May Cafe Breakfast/Swimming At Epcot

After a quick nights sleep Mom and Dad were up at 4:30am. After showering they decided to leave the room in search of coffee and let Adam and I sleep until we had to get ready for our 7:35am ADR at Cape May Cafe. I wasn't able to go back to sleep after I heard them up and moving so finally at 6am I decided to just get out of bed. I threw on some shorts/tank top quickly and headed to the Marketplace to fill my mug with coffee. I met up with Mom and Dad outside the lobby while we let Adam sleep. We walked to the Yacht Club area and back. It was sprinkling outside and still dark.

upload_2018-6-24_10-43-31.png

upload_2018-6-24_10-44-1.png

Starting to get light out! Time stamp 6:21am

We headed back to the room around 6:50am so we could wake Adam up and I could shower. Then it was time to EAT!

DH and I LOVED eating at the Cape May Cafe last year and it was a hit with the parents and Adam too! Although I don't think I would pay for this if we didn't have the DDP. $36/person is a lot, but the characters are great!

upload_2018-6-24_10-47-20.png

This kid ate about 12 waffles! :dog2:

IMG_0961.jpg
Family photo with Donald!

upload_2018-6-24_10-52-33.png

:love::love:

We were done with breakfast around 8:10am and headed back to our room for ponchos before our walk over to Epcot. It was POURING outside. But we were hopeful the rain wasn't going to last too long. We got SOAKED on our walk. Mom, Dad and Adam has sneakers on and they were soaked. Our ponchos didn't even make a difference! My hair was so wet it was like I just stepped out of the shower. Actual footage:

upload_2018-6-24_10-55-50.png

So wet.

Up next... Future World !

Hello! Just found your report and joining in. Thoroughly enjoying it so far! ::yes::

Pre travel day for this trip fell on a Saturday. This was both good and bad. Good because I didn't feel 'rushed' but bad because I felt like it was a wasted day and I just wanted to BE THERE!

I hear ya'. We're leaving on a Sunday in July and I was wondering if I would feel that way on Saturday... ready to go! :Pinkbounc (But will probably be grateful for the day to get ready also.)

This meant he'd be snoring allll throughout the trip.

:scared1:

So we were waking up at 1:30am.

:scared1::scared1:

I actually had a post typed up two weeks ago then chrome crashed and I lost my work. UGHH.

I hate this! :badpc:

their faces looked something like this:

200w.webp

UMM okay...

:sad2:

we decided to make a bee line for Country Bear Jamboree. I think this show is hilarious ad fortunately Mom gets the humor in it. I wasn't sure how Adam would feel because at 14, this might not be very cool.

We've never seen this show. Maybe we'll try it in July. I will be curious to see if my 14 year old enjoys it also. :smooth:

Adam insisted on sleeping on the day bed even though I told him we could share.

My 14-year-old daughter doesn't even like to share with me. :P

from then on it become a 'tradition' that every meal we had I would pick a special drink for us!

That's so fun! :drinking1

At 8:45pm our meals finally came! And boy the food did not disappoint!

Your meals looks delicious! Especially the bisque. :hyper:

After a quick nights sleep Mom and Dad were up at 4:30am. After showering they decided to leave the room in search of coffee and let Adam and I sleep until we had to get ready for our 7:35am ADR at Cape May Cafe. I wasn't able to go back to sleep after I heard them up and moving so finally at 6am I decided to just get out of bed.

Man, you guys are early risers. I'm going to try for that on our trip...well, maybe not that early. ;)

:eek: Hope you dried off quickly!

Looking forward to the rest of your report. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter