What is this? Cause I can't find the name for it

LittleBlue22

DIS Veteran
I was watching Robin Miller on the Food Network and she was making this Scallops wrapped in bacon dish. What is the startch? She said it was high in protein. Its not couscous. Any guesses?

rm0409_scallops_e.jpg

I even went to her meal description and the startch was not listed. Thanks all for you help.

If you go back to the recipe, the very last ingredient (kinda hidden there!) is “one cup prepared quinoa”…

From The Food Lover’s Companion: Although quinoa [KEEN-wah] is new to the American market, it was a staple of the ancient Incas, who called it “the mother grain.” To this day it’s an important food in South American cuisine. Hailed as the “supergrain of the future,” quinoa contains more protein than any other grain. It’s considered a complete protein because it contains all eight essential amino acids. Quinoa is also higher in unsaturated fats and lower in carbohydrates than most grains, and it provides a rich and balanced source of vital nutrients. Tiny and bead-shaped, the ivory-colored quinoa cooks like rice (taking half the time of regular rice) and expands to four times its original volume. Its flavor is delicate, almost bland, and has been compared to that of couscous. Quinoa is lighter than but can be used in any way suitable for rice – as part of a main dish, a side dish, in soups, in salads, and even in puddings. It’s available packaged as a grain, ground into flour and in several forms of pasta. Quinoa can be found in natural food stores and some supermarkets.

OK, I know you just asked what it was. :confused3 But I think I'm going to try to find some and experiment with it! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!! (I was half-listening to the show this morning too, and it went right past me... :rolleyes1 )

thank you. I guess what I heard and what I was reading didn't add up mentally.

Thanks for the additional info Disneyaholic, I appreciate it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter