What is / will be open at AKV?

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
I haven't been following the development at AKV as carefully as I might have (shame on me! ;) ), so could anyone please explain what is already open and what will be open in the future?

I'm in planning mode and am wondering what view types/how many 2 beds there will be ready at AKV in October this year. I realise the availability of any of them is a whole other issue :teeth: , but it might help me to eliminate some permutations of the tentative plans if I know what will have been built and released by October.

Isn't planning great?! :cool1:

Development at Jambo House (in the existing AKL) is now complete and there are 82 two-bed lock-offs. There will be 168 two-bed lock-offs and 140 dedicated two-beds at the new Kidani Village, but I haven't seen anything confirming when it will start to open, other than "2009".

Thanks for the info!

I rang MS to check availability the day before I could actually book, and they told me there was very limited availability for AKL for the dates we wanted, so I asked DD what her second choice resort would be (it will be her birthday while we are staying there) so that I had a back-up plan! When I rang again to book, AKL wasn't available for both nights we wanted, so we now have VWL instead :)

I was all set to go on the wait list for AKL, but everyone seems quite excited at the thought of VWL, so we're sticking with:

• all 5 of us in VWL for 2 nights
  • 2 stay in SSR and 3 go to VB for 3 nights
  • all 5 of us back to OKW for last 2 nights

I'm sure we'll get to AKL one day - after all we've got DVC for another 34 (?) years :cloud9:

were waiting till the pool complex is open,plus the new resturant...

Same here...

been looking on main dvc part of site and consensus is mid to late 09...

Thanks for the info, Paul! :thumbsup2 We're hoping to stay there in August '09, so fingers crossed it's done by then...

Thanks for the info!

I rang MS to check availability the day before I could actually book, and they told me there was very limited availability for AKL for the dates we wanted, so I asked DD what her second choice resort would be (it will be her birthday while we are staying there) so that I had a back-up plan! When I rang again to book, AKL wasn't available for both nights we wanted, so we now have VWL instead :)

I was all set to go on the wait list for AKL, but everyone seems quite excited at the thought of VWL, so we're sticking with:

I'm sure we'll get to AKL one day - after all we've got DVC for another 34 (?) years :cloud9:

Personly i think VWL at moment is beter than AKL.That might change when new complex is open
Paulh

Thanks for the info!

Wow, what a great way to experience DVC! The villas at WL are fab! We're very much looking forward to our first trip 'home' :cool1: :thumbsup2

Hope you have a great time:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter