What is wrong with Delta???

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
Still checking flights for our June/July trip....I can now get a flight on Travelocity for $215 each person on Northwest--rates of $207 and $220 on other airlines...the lowest on Delta (who we usually fly) is $476!!! Why on earth would someone pay that much more? Do they WANT to end up like United?
Robin M.

They may not have set their prices for June/July yet. Be patient.
I have watched them go from a high of 435.00 from BDL to MCO down to a low of 175.00 in a matter of months.

Too early. I haven't even thought of tickets for my early May trip yet, and not even thinking about our July trip. Sure, I check travlocity every day, but not going to get any grey hairs over the prices right now. Spring fares probably won't show until at least President's weekend, if we're lucky. There's been alot of fare movement going on on all of the sites the past day or so, so there are changes coming. Patience is the game when it comes to buying airline tickets.

HUM... Odd indeed.

I always get my tickets early and fly Delta. I am all set as early as the 330 days in advance most times! And the trend for the fare is to go down but not by more than $10 - $20 or so, my original price is lowest at time approaches...

I have to wait two weeks for our tickets in Dec, but already notice their Skymiles flights are more restrictive...

I booked Delta at 330 days out also. Got $199 from Logan to MCO nonstop. It's already gone up. I've never paid less than $250 to fly, so anything less than that is a bargain for me. Are there any other airports you could use? We like to use TF Green in Providence but the airfare there is about $75 more per person!

I fly out of Bradlee in Hartford, every time. My fares have always been round trip ~$150 at the lowest, ~$170 at the highest, during value seasons. Always non-stop, I despise stop overs!

Maybe you'd benefit from asking a representative for alternatives.

I want to use my Skymiles this year so I'll book with them again but if you are open to use other carriers, check into what they have to offer in their websites.

We're flying Delta from Seattle to MCO on 3/28 and found a rate of $211. This was the absolute lowest fare I could find...

Rock'n Robin,

We too are flying Delta the beginning of July. We booked early (in October) but actually later than last year (August). We got a fare of $182 non stop direct. That same fare is already up to $237. Since we always fly around the holiday, we usually book early to get the best price.

What dates are you looking at? :):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We fly to WDW 5-6 times a year. Maybe it's just our area, but the fare is always high until a sale comes along. Right now we could fly for around $200 out of Wash. DC area. I've never paid anywhere near that amount. We average between $99 to $150 round trip. The last couple of fares we have had were around $125 to $130 round trip. Usually we get our tickets around a month in advance.

For our recent trip over the Christmas/NYE holidays, we flew Delta out of Bradley in Hartford. We began looking at the fares at the 330 day mark, and they started at $185.00. (We ended up paying $200.00 due to a brief delay while we waited for DD's friend to let us know if he could join us.)

Unfortunately, we have to hold off on our June flights until we know who will be able to go. I hope that we catch a sale.

we booked delta in sept for 229 direct from logan. That flight is now close to 500 (easter week).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter