What is your favorite "underrated" Disney film?

I felt Wreck it Ralph was definitely underrated when it first came out. Didn’t seem like there was a lot of buzz around it. It picked up steam though and of course now we have the sequel. I just feel the creativity behind the story was great. A classic favorite at our house is Robin Hood. My kids just loved it when they were little I definitely have a sweet spot for it.❤ Another favorite at my house is Bolt!

Last edited:
Princess and the frog is such a sweet and uplifting film, I'm always surprised when people tell me they've never seen it!

I hadn't seen it for the longest time. It came out when I wasn't really paying much attention to Disney films, but it really is the start of the "second rennaissance" for the studio and is a beautiful movie. I watched it on D+ not too long ago.

I guess Lilo & Stitch isn't considered underrated but when it first came out in 2000 I think it didn't get as much love because it wasn't a Princess movie like its '90s predecessors, and it is my 2nd all-time favorite Disney movie after Beauty and the Beast. I ugly cry EVERY time.

I guess Lilo & Stitch isn't considered underrated but when it first came out in 2000 I think it didn't get as much love because it wasn't a Princess movie like its '90s predecessors, and it is my 2nd all-time favorite Disney movie after Beauty and the Beast. I ugly cry EVERY time.

Every time!!!

Meet the Robinsons, definitely. It's almost completely forgotten and it's such a cute movie.

Chicken Little- I love this movie! So many funny moments and song.
Meet the Robinsons- We still walk around and say "I've got a big head and little arms". I think this was the first movie we took my daughter to in the theater. She was too little to understand what was going on but we wanted to see it and figured a kids movie would be a good way to break her into the theater.
Emperor's New Groove- "LLAMA FACE!!!" We also speak in squirrel.

I don’t know if I’d say it’s a favourite but I watched Tarzan for the first time over the weekend on Disney+ and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Not as bad as I was expecting at all.

"A Goofy Movie" was very popular amongst my family and friends, so I'm surprised that people consider it underrated. My other favorite underrated movies are "Oliver and Company", "The Aristocats", and "Princess and the Frog". However, if I'm remembering it correctly, "Princess and the Frog" ended up being overshadowed by Avatar due to their close release dates.

"A Goofy Movie" was very popular amongst my family and friends, so I'm surprised that people consider it underrated. My other favorite underrated movies are "Oliver and Company", "The Aristocats", and "Princess and the Frog". However, if I'm remembering it correctly, "Princess and the Frog" ended up being overshadowed by Avatar due to their close release dates.

I think the thing about A Goofy Movie is that it is pretty popular, but it's also the best movie ever made so in that respect it is underrated and was not the box-office smash that it should have been. 🙂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!