What kind of chocolate to use for Fondue?

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
I got a Fondue pot and a cookbook for Christmas. My kids and I just want to make a basic chocolate fondue--no alcohol. The recipe in the book called for chocolate chips but it tasted bleh--just like melted chocolate chips. I know, what else could I expect.

What would be a good type of chocolate to use? I don't want to spend an arm and a let on high end brands if I can avoid it. Would I be better if using chocolate bars?

Oh, and the kids like Milk Chocolate and I prefer dark if that makes a difference.

If you can find Merken's, it's amazing and not all that expensive. They are used for chocolate making so it's made to melt well. If you have a cake decorating store nearby, they often carry it.

Chocolate bars are better than chips for melting- many gourmet food stores carry fondue chocolate that isn't very expensive. My mom's favorite is chocolate bunnies at easter time- if you invest in the higher quality ones.

I use dark chocolate bar (52% of cocoa), with a little bit of milk to help it melt better. I'm not sure but I think you know that brand in the USA: Nestlé. The chocolate I use is called Nestlé dessert if it can help. :goodvibes

A good choc for fondue and also fountains are the little choc rounds by the fresh fruit. They melt so smooth. I think the name is like Delche or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter