What memorable funny/strange dreams have you had?

MarkLT1

Yes, that is a hidden Mickey on my dog's rump.
Every once in a while, I have one of those dreams, where I wake up in the morning and think "Where the heck did that come from?!?!" Last night was one of them-

In real life, my wife has just accepted a new position that comes with great health insurance benefits. We currently buy off the marketplace and have a HUGE deductible, so we've been putting off various medical things for a month until the new insurance kicks in.

So last night I had a dream that I was swimming in an aquarium at the zoo. As I was swimming, a puffer fish swam over to me, puffed up, and more like a cartoon porcupine than a fish, shot me with its spikes, which were hair-like and remained stuck in my hand. In said dream, I realized that pufferfish are venomous, and these quills were going to kill me. And so I sat there, suspended in the water, doing the math, trying to figure out if I could put off going to the hospital until our new insurance kicked in, because I didn't want to pay the deductible.

I mean really.. where did the venomous quill-shooting pufferfish come from, why was I swimming in the aquarium at the zoo, and why would I even be thinking about insurance deductibles if I was fearing for my life??? (I will say, I was quite relieved to wake up from that one).

What wacky dreams have you had that left you scratching your head?

Last edited:
Coincidentally, last night I dreamed I was at my grandfather’s funeral. (He’s been dead for a number of years.)

In my dream, as my family & I entered the funeral home, my mother (who is a shy, quiet lady in real life) yelled out, “What has your aunt done now?”

My aunt had decorated the funeral home in a wild combinational of gold glitz, leopard print, & ornate religious artifacts... think Vegas meets Westminster Abbey.

As we’re lining up to proceed into the viewing room, I notice my cousin & her son have on bathing suits. Apparently, her son had a swimming tournament on the same day, & the funeral home was located adjacent to the indoor swimming pool. So her family was popping back & forth from the pool to the casket.

Oddly enough I have a lot of tornado dreams , why, I don't know haha .

A recurring dream I had in the 80’s was that I had to hide fully under the covers because Twisted Sister ( the band) was trying to break in through my bedroom window 😂

in my adult life I usually have dreams about my teeth falling out, or some nerve damage where all my teeth need to be pulled.

I have the most insane, vivid dreams. I have tried to track them if I can remember enough details, but they are a wild ride.

Last night was a tamer one, dreamt that I was aboard a ship with Captain Jack Sparrow and crew. We were lost in a jungle (like the ship was sailing through the trees) on a distant planet. :scratchin :rotfl2:

Every night I go to bed with a bucket of popcorn cause it's off to the movies...

My dreams are full color action/adventure/sci-fi extravaganzas complete with alien invasions, spies, Godzilla, tidal waves, giant sharks, intrigue, explosions and laser beams.

Every night I go to bed with a bucket of popcorn cause it's off to the movies...

My dreams are full color action/adventure/sci-fi extravaganzas complete with alien invasions, spies, Godzilla, tidal waves, giant sharks, intrigue, explosions and laser beams.

Any Godzillas fighting giant sharks riding tidal waves with lasers on their heads? That would be.. AWESOME!

I had a dream the other day where I picked up Scarlett Johansson. Like, literally picked her up. I don't even remember why (she twisted an ankle? Fainted? I dunno). It wasn't a sexy dream or anything. I just carried her around.

I used to have fairly regular dreams where I had to go back to high school for some stupid reason (didn't finish a class, school said I didn't finish, whatever). Of course, all of my old classmates were there, too. I HATED high school the first time around so these weren't really fun dreams.

This went on for years, until for whatever reason I was in the middle of one of these dreams when I stood up, told the teacher this was ridiculous, that I already had a Master's degree, and where they could put their high school diploma. I then walked out of the room, woke up, and haven't had one since.

You know how you hope to have fabulous dreams about "interacting" with good looking celebrities? 🥰
I once got Jay Leno. 🤪

I had a dream that my dog was lost and I was looking around the neighborhood for him. I noticed a dog in a baby stroller that looked almost like my dog. I started talking to the owner and I asked what kind of dog it was. The owner said it was half poodle and half angler fish. I thought that was weird, but just accepted that it was half dog and half fish and continued on looking for my dog.

Many years ago I had the strangest dream ever, though the actual details of the dream are hazy now. I remember dreaming I was about to get married - no details, no ceremony, just the feeling. Then waking up to realize that I was going to get married - but again, no details.

And then truly waking up! If you read this correctly, then you noticed I had a dream within a dream. Weirdest feeling ever!

And I was in my late teens and very single at the time, with no marriage on the horizon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter