What percentage of people in the park at opening get a regular boarding group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob1872

DIS Veteran
OK, hopping over to this forum from the Disney Cruise Line forum.
I've read several threads and have learned a lot more about boarding groups, etc. Thanks!

As I understand it:
1) I can't get up early and get a boarding group for us all; everyone who will be riding also has to be in the park.
2) For the last month, the regular boarding groups that 'guarantee' you a ride (or a ride the next day if they have issues) are gone in the first minute.
3) The app to request a boarding group can sometimes have a few glitches which can affect someone's ability to request a boarding group, so it is recommended to have multiple people in the party trying at the same time.

I'm just trying to figure out the odds of getting on the ride versus the potential to drag everyone up early and then still not get on the ride. We've already got 10:30-11:30 FP for MF:SR, so if there is a reasonable chance that we can't get a regular boarding group anyway there is definitely a potential to just sleep in a bit that day and not show up until after 9:00 am. (But it would be nice to get a chance to ride RotR; I doubt we'll be back in the theme park for the next 2-3 years.)

Do 75% of the people in the park at the opening time get a regular boarding group? Do 25% of them get a regular boarding group? Do 5% of them get a regular boarding group, 5% get a backup boarding group, and 90% of the guests scream in agony, swear for a few minutes, and then plan to come back the next morning?

We don't know how many people are in a Boarding Group, so we're not sure.

If I had to guess 4 to 5 thousand people get a guarantee BG. The ride has been going deep into the backup groups though, so give it a shot.

OK, hopping over to this forum from the Disney Cruise Line forum.
I've read several threads and have learned a lot more about boarding groups, etc. Thanks!

As I understand it:
1) I can't get up early and get a boarding group for us all; everyone who will be riding also has to be in the park.
2) For the last month, the regular boarding groups that 'guarantee' you a ride (or a ride the next day if they have issues) are gone in the first minute.
3) The app to request a boarding group can sometimes have a few glitches which can affect someone's ability to request a boarding group, so it is recommended to have multiple people in the party trying at the same time.

I'm just trying to figure out the odds of getting on the ride versus the potential to drag everyone up early and then still not get on the ride. We've already got 10:30-11:30 FP for MF:SR, so if there is a reasonable chance that we can't get a regular boarding group anyway there is definitely a potential to just sleep in a bit that day and not show up until after 9:00 am. (But it would be nice to get a chance to ride RotR; I doubt we'll be back in the theme park for the next 2-3 years.)

Do 75% of the people in the park at the opening time get a regular boarding group? Do 25% of them get a regular boarding group? Do 5% of them get a regular boarding group, 5% get a backup boarding group, and 90% of the guests scream in agony, swear for a few minutes, and then plan to come back the next morning?
1) correct
2) no bg are guaranteed. The regular bg have lasted a minute, They have given fp for next day with people with regular and also to people with backups, none of it is guaranteed
3) correct
as to percentage it's impossible to know.
Any additional questions about bg please make them in the official site and if you haven't make sure to read post 1 and 2 on that thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!