• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What resort will best hold value?

utahkennedys

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide on a resort for an add-on. We own at OKW and love it there, and probably will stay there 90% of our trips because of the space and low points. But, since it's the easiest resort to book along with SSR right now, which resort do you think will be worth the most to resell in about 20 years? We may not sell until "the end" but we may at that time. OKW would only have about 16 years left and SSR and AKV would have approx. 28 years...a big difference at that point I would think. I guess the other option is just to rent our points at that point, which then makes me think maybe we should buy a BCV add-on since it's in high demand and has few rooms...??? Help!

At some point in the future it is highly likely that both SSR and AKV will be worth more than any of the any of the resorts proir to these two simply from the fact that they will have many more years left than the others, when this point will be reached is anybodies guess.

For your needs I would suggest a SSR add on via resale. You get a longer conract, and the price is often lower than a resort with 12 fewer years on the contract.

I suspect that AKV will hold it's value better than any of the others available so far. Think BCV vs OKW as an example. Whether it will make up the difference over the lower up front cost is the question. Personally I think it will and believe in that likelihood enough that I made only my second developer purchase in some almost 40 timeshare purchases. However, part of my plan was to end up downsizing as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter