What site is the best to buy DVC resale from and why?

I would collect all of the sites, get added to their mailing lists, and use the one that has the listing that meets your requirements.

:earsboy: Bill

Here is a list of generally well-regarded sites. If you stick to this list, and maybe a couple more, you can focus on Use Year and Resort, rather than worrying about the broker. You only really get in trouble if you buy from someone that does not understand how Disney operates, the ROFR process, etc.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-to-any-business-you-wish-to-mention.3039176/
You will see a section that looks like this:
Here are some of the DVC resale brokers often mentioned on the DIS:

I just used Shontell @ DVC by Resale and she did a great job for me. I was kept in the loop and she was always ready to answer an email or phone question.

I just made an offer on dvcsales.com I have read some good review on them here.

I just purchased my second contract through them and was very happy both times! They are not on the sticky - not sure why - but it may be because they are a newer firm. The owner worked as a DVC guy for 20+ years!

I just purchased my second contract through them and was very happy both times! They are not on the sticky - not sure why - but it may be because they are a newer firm. The owner worked as a DVC guy for 20+ years!

I'm having trouble dealing with DVCSales. They seemed professional and were quick to respond - I already started recommending them to friends and on Disboard. But when a problem arose (caused by them) and I questioned her, she was defensive. She disconnected on the web chat stating she'd have to look into it (Yes. Hung up on her client). That was Thursday, 4 days ago. I sent her a follow up email. Still waiting for her to even acknowledge she received it :sad2:

Seems like DVC resales is a booming business. For years we only had 3 main players.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm having trouble dealing with DVCSales. They seemed professional and were quick to respond - I already started recommending them to friends and on Disboard. But when a problem arose (caused by them) and I questioned her, she was defensive. She disconnected on the web chat stating she'd have to look into it (Yes. Hung up on her client). That was Thursday, 4 days ago. I sent her a follow up email. Still waiting for her to even acknowledge she received it :sad2:

Wow! That surprises me! Lori has always been professional with me. They actually missed me passing ROFR by a week and then some and she called me and was very apologetic. Sorry to hear that your experience has not been good! Hope they can recover!

Last edited:
We purchased bot of our contracts through DVC Magic Resales and were pleased with how easy they made everything.

I am thinking of buying resale bc of the cost difference but what "extras" do we miss by not purchasing through Disney?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter