What songs are Christopher Cross and Plain White T's known for?

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
We're taking an adults only trip to WDW in April, and I was hoping one of the garden Rocks concerts would be something that interested us. However, for the days we are going I saw Plain White T's would be the group that worked best into our schedule, and we could maybe see Christopher Cross if we tried. However, I am not familiar with either of them. What are their big songs, one that most everyone would know? I tried googling Plain White T's and didn't get one big song that came up. I'm wondering if it's just a group we would have no interest in. I thought Disney usually tried to list the songs everyone knew after the group names, but neither of them have anything noted. I'm thinking we will just enjoy the festival and do other things, but kind of a bummer since sometimes they get pretty good acts.

Plain White T's was known for "Hey There Delilah" back in 2006.

Christopher Cross performed the theme to Arthur (Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli) among other easy on the ears tunes. Plain White Ts sang that dang earworm song Hey There Delilah.

We're taking an adults only trip to WDW in April, and I was hoping one of the garden Rocks concerts would be something that interested us. However, for the days we are going I saw Plain White T's would be the group that worked best into our schedule, and we could maybe see Christopher Cross if we tried. However, I am not familiar with either of them. What are their big songs, one that most everyone would know? I tried googling Plain White T's and didn't get one big song that came up. I'm wondering if it's just a group we would have no interest in. I thought Disney usually tried to list the songs everyone knew after the group names, but neither of them have anything noted. I'm thinking we will just enjoy the festival and do other things, but kind of a bummer since sometimes they get pretty good acts.

Christopher Cross - Sailing, Ride Like the Wind (both from a 1979 album). If you are under 55 or 60, you probably would not remember him. He was more Adult Contemporary, kind of like Air Supply.

Plain White T's was known for "Hey There Delilah" back in 2006.
Christopher Cross performed the theme to Arthur (Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli) among other easy on the ears tunes. Plain White Ts sang that dang earworm song Hey There Delilah.

Looks like i need to listen to Hey There Delilah and see if I know it, I don't recognize it by the name.

Christopher Cross - Sailing, Ride Like the Wind (both from a 1979 album). If you are under 55 or 60, you probably would not remember him. He was more Adult Contemporary, kind of like Air Supply.

Oh, I know Sailing! Maybe I'll try to catch him, at least from behind the seating. I had a friend in college who liked that song, I can't remember why or why I even remember that. I don't think I want to wait in a line or do a dining package to see him. I love Air Supply, I would have loved if they had been the ones my weekend! I saw Wison Phillips once, I really like them.

We saw plain white t’s in August they also sing 1234 ,rhythm of love and giving tree .. Was they played songs from their newest album.

We saw plain white t’s in August they also sing 1234 ,rhythm of love and giving tree .. Was they played songs from their newest album.
IME the groups play something like 5 songs, and 4 of them are their most famous ones that everyone will know, and for the 5th (not necessarily the last, just one of the songs) they play something new,something they happen to like, or just another song that may not be as familiar to the audience. But I've only seen a small handful of concerts between this and the Eat To the Beat ones, so that's just been my observation.

Now I'm trying to think. I've seen Wilson Phillips, Night Ranger, Mickey Thomas from Starship, and a 4th I can't remember that my SIL wanted to see. So I'm essentially working off of an n of 3 lol!

Over the years, we've been to WDW a few times during these concerts and we always end up with Herman's Hermits. :rotfl2:
Haha, that's another group I would be googling and asking this question about! I agree, we never seem to hit the ones I really want to see (except the year of Wilson Phillips, I do love them).

With the bands I don't know, I go to Amazon, digital music, put in the band's name, and listen to the clips of some of their bestsellers.

Christopher Cross: in addition to the ones listed: 'Think of Laura' (if you watched General Hospital in 1980/1981 you'd know the song, lol), 'All right'

We'll be there for High Valley (I'd never heard of them, but I did recognize a couple songs when I listened to the clips), Rick Springfield (YAY!), and Christopher Cross. We're hoping to at least be 'nearby' for a set for each of these.

With the bands I don't know, I go to Amazon, digital music, put in the band's name, and listen to the clips of some of their bestsellers.

Christopher Cross: in addition to the ones listed: 'Think of Laura' (if you watched General Hospital in 1980/1981 you'd know the song, lol), 'All right'

We'll be there for High Valley (I'd never heard of them, but I did recognize a couple songs when I listened to the clips), Rick Springfield (YAY!), and Christopher Cross. We're hoping to at least be 'nearby' for a set for each of these.
I'll have to do that, just haven't yet since I posted and got the names of their bigger songs.

ETA I never watched General Hospital, I wonder if I'll recognize the song.

We must have the same travel dates! See you there!

Oh, I know Sailing! Maybe I'll try to catch him, at least from behind the seating. I had a friend in college who liked that song, I can't remember why or why I even remember that. I don't think I want to wait in a line or do a dining package to see him. I love Air Supply, I would have loved if they had been the ones my weekend! I saw Wison Phillips once, I really like them.
Air Supply plays at the Hard Rock in Biloxi maybe once each year, if you're within driving distance. I love them too, but never go. My daughters have gone a couple of times.

I'll have to do that, just haven't yet since I posted and got the names of their bigger songs.

ETA I never watched General Hospital, I wonder if I'll recognize the song.
Depending upon your age, it was all over the radios back then, so you might recognize it.

Air Supply plays at the Hard Rock in Biloxi maybe once each year, if you're within driving distance. I love them too, but never go. My daughters have gone a couple of times.
We're in Western PA, so no, I don't like them that much haha! I would rather take a trip to Disney to see them TBH, but I don't think my DH likes them that much! We are driving to Detroit to see garth Brooks this weekend, though :-) .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter