What special “magic” has Disney made for you?

SCDVC2000

Earning My Ears
We had a mistake with a quick service meal at MK, it was not a big deal, but we were given an all access ticket- including SDMT (good for 3 people) My wife and I rode, but they did not take our ticket (?!). So afterwards, we walked to the back of the line (wait was 150min), found a father and two children who were waiting to ride and have it to them. They were thrilled. Later in the day we saw them in Frontier Land and they said their entire day was changed bc if it.
What special magic have you experienced in Disney? (Parks/resorts?)

We had a mistake with a quick service meal at MK, it was not a big deal, but we were given an all access ticket- including SDMT (good for 3 people) My wife and I rode, but they did not take our ticket (?!). So afterwards, we walked to the back of the line (wait was 150min), found a father and two children who were waiting to ride and have it to them. They were thrilled. Later in the day we saw them in Frontier Land and they said their entire day was changed bc if it.
What special magic have you experienced in Disney? (Parks/resorts?)

we were Grand Marshals in 2003... the MGM studios stars and cars parade. It was the most amazing experience we ever had. We were picked in the morning, wearing our bride and groom hats. It was the 4th day of our Honeymoon...picture is in my signature. I will never forget how totally awesome it was. This was during paper fastpasses, so we got a BUNCH..more then we could use, so we gave them away to anyone who noticed we were in the parade. Which lots did! It was like being a celebrity for a few days! We got a magical moments certificate which we got framed and is on our wall. We also got the sign from the car that had our name on it.

we were Grand Marshals in 2003... the MGM studios stars and cars parade. It was the most amazing experience we ever had. We were picked in the morning, wearing our bride and groom hats. It was the 4th day of our Honeymoon...picture is in my signature. I will never forget how totally awesome it was. This was during paper fastpasses, so we got a BUNCH..more then we could use, so we gave them away to anyone who noticed we were in the parade. Which lots did! It was like being a celebrity for a few days! We got a magical moments certificate which we got framed and is on our wall. We also got the sign from the car that had our name on it.

that is awesome 👏

About 7 years ago we were checking out the manatees from the upper level. A CM came over and randomly asked if we’d like to go backstage and learn more about them. She took the three of us to the backside of the manatee tank and talked about how they cared for them, answered questions, and spent probably 15 minutes with us letting us see the veterinary side. Totally unexpected!

Same trip, I’d bought a blanket in Mexico but when we got to Canada I liked the buffalo check one way better. CMs said an exchange wouldn’t be a problem, but even though they were essentially the same items, the register wasn’t recognizing the bar code on the Mexico one. I told them it wasn’t a huge problem, I could keep the one, but they insisted and called their manager over to override things. We chatted the whole time and when we finished they wrote us one of those little guest service coupons for a ride on Soarin’ to make up for our time.

Needless to say I spent a good while writing cast compliments before leaving Epcot that year. 😂

Honeymoon a couple years ago we had reservations at Ohana on what fell on my birthday. At check in I requested a window table if possible. They said no problem but we’d have to wait longer. We agreed. About 45 minutes later we’re called and taken to a table in the middle. The disappointment must’ve been obvious, the hostess asked so I explained and said not to worry. That time of night no one was giving up their window for fireworks and we had a decent view. A lot of “Are you sure?” “Yes, it’s fine, don’t worry” ensued. She was super friendly and very apologetic so I felt bad. She came back a few minutes later and said the manager said that “drinks are on him” and we could each order one one the house. That’s the story of our free Lapu Lapus 😂

They also gave us a brownie for our honeymoon and a cupcake for my birthday. Plus our server and assistant were SO nice and so attentive. It’s no wonder it was my husband’s one must-do on our upcoming trip.

I’m apparently very good at getting free alcohol. Another trip we had dinner at Flying Fish. I’d ordered a wine flight. Another friendly server—we’d chat for a good while every time he came back to the table. When I finished one glass he came back with another and said since no one would notice, here’s another sample of his favorite. Then as we were finishing up I happened to look around and the people with wine flights had way smaller glasses than me. So I had four full pours for my flight. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter