What swap next?

tyniknate

DIS Veteran
So now that I've gotten some swaps under my belt I'd like to hostess one over the long winter period. What kind of swap is everyone interested in doing? I want to do something that people will want to join and be able to use.
What do you want to swap next? :confused3

We will be working on our swap calendar for next year in a few weeks(we try to get the first part of the year together by Thanksgiving). Generally if someone hostessed a swap one year then they are given the first option of hostessing the same swap the next year. We always make sure we have 1 swap for each park, a character swap or two and then add in those wanted by many members on the board.

I would suggest for a first time hostessing starting with a swap that will have a smaller number of groups- if I had done the resort swap first as a hostess I think I would have fallen apart (it generally has at least 20 groups).

Rebecca

I totally agree on the starting out small for hostessing. My first swap was the school swap. It was a small swap and it helped me get my feet wet and figure out what worked best for me on keeping track of things and swapping things out. My next swap was the Character swap which was HUGE, but having done that small one first, it kept me from being overwhelmed.

You could do the prima swap if you like - I've done it before, and it tends to be not too big and, as its a buy & send, you don't have to worry about setting too many rules:thumbsup2

How much of a challenge do you want with setting up a swap?

If you are game, you can adopt the "sketch swap". I haven't formally hostessed it yet, so you can be the first hostess and then have dibs every year after.

Or the Gift Tag swap.
It was 123SA? first, then mine and then I let Disney_Rider try her hand at hostessing, but she has had some real bad life problems and didn't run it.

You would need to start that real soon. If you do a search or just go back in the threads, you can copy and paste the older instructions.

I thought about adding a gift card holder group this time around.

I would suggest starting with elements rather than pages- they generally have more groups because they are smaller group sizes.

The gift tag swap is a good one that is normally fairly small and easy to swap out.

You could start an interest thread and see if people would want to do it this year or do it in the new year and include vairous types of gift tags including Christmas that could be saved for next year.

Rebecca

I would suggest starting with elements rather than pages- they generally have more groups because they are smaller group sizes.

The gift tag swap is a good one that is normally fairly small and easy to swap out.

You could start an interest thread and see if people would want to do it this year or do it in the new year and include vairous types of gift tags including Christmas that could be saved for next year.

Rebecca

I would be down for en element swap again...I always can use those

I'd love to do an element swap. Would I be stepping on anyone's toes? I'd like to do something with signups beginning of December and due end of February. Will help take away the winter blahs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter