What time do pools and hot tubs close?

Resort pools are open 24 hours but lifeguards are only on duty during the main part of the day and the slides are closed when they go off duty. If things were to get loud during an evening swim you might be asked to exit.

The pools and hot tubs should be open 24/7, with the exceptions being bad weather (aka lightning) or some type of maintenance, which is usually done during off hours (late night). Once the lifeguards are gone for the day, it becomes "swim at your own risk".

Actually, there are hours of operation noted at each of the pools on the signs near the pools and hot tubs. So they technically are not open 24 hours a day. But if you are quiet, you probably can swim past the closing time.

I did find an Keynotes (OKW newsletter) that stated pool hours were 10AM to 10PM.

Slides are closed once the lifeguards are gone for the day. That means no slides when they are gone for the day.

Actually, there are hours of operation noted at each of the pools on the signs near the pools and hot tubs. So they technically are not open 24 hours a day. But if you are quiet, you probably can swim past the closing time.

I did find an Keynotes (OKW newsletter) that stated pool hours were 10AM to 10PM.

Slides are closed once the lifeguards are gone for the day. That means no slides when they are gone for the day.

I thought there were hours too. I thought I remembered the pool at VWL closing at 10 and the workers kind of shoo'd us out of the area as well.

I may have to stand corrected on the 24/7 part. I know that the pools are still open after the lifeguards call it quits (this then becomes swim at your own risk). Usually, as I recall at WL, the lifeguards leave at 10:00 pm.

I know for sure that the pool is open until at least midnight, if night 2:00 am.

Hoping someone with more insight chimes in. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

For the most part WDW Resort Pool hours are 7am to midnight.

Each resort however may make adjustments to this.

Some close earlier while others will allow quiet swimming 24hrs.

Theme pools like SAB are generally open 10am to 8pm and may be adjusted for season / crowds.

For latest information I would call the resort directly.

We have been at Kidani's at midnight or later but both VB and HH do close down since there are Villas right next to the pool. I think it was 10 at HH in August and VB was 11 in Oct.

We're just back from VWL and BWV and on the check in material at BWV it said 24 hours although there are other hours posted at the pools. I didn't look at VWL.

From what I've been told the hours posted at the pools are essentially to cover if things get rowdy but WDW pools are open 24 hours.

From what I've been told the hours posted at the pools are essentially to cover if things get rowdy but WDW pools are open 24 hours.

if you get a drunk party in the hot tub - well lets say they can be quiet loud - almost impossible to sleep. So this is just to protect the security guards who come and ask these ADULTS to leave.

otherwise they will start argument and sometimes the police have been called.

I just double checked a photo I took at the OKW feature pool in October, the hours were 7:00 AM to Midnight. Those times are similar for the ones posted at BLT. I'd be surprised if SSR isn't the same.

I can verify that the posted sign at THV quiet pool and spa, and also at Paddocks says the pool is open 7am to midnight. I know I have visited hot tubs quite late, by myself, I'm not too rowdy, and no one has complained! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter