What time does southwest release flights?

I have seen them available as early as 5 AM CST and as late as 8:30 AM CST

Right. There is no exact time. Last time I booked, the fares were available when I checked around 7:00 EST and the time before it was around 8:30 EST -- supposedly there was some problem loading the schedules. I think they went to a new reservation system sometime recently, so who knows how that will affect things.

I've had horrible luck with SWA being inconsistent on their posting times on release days. It used to be around 6-6:30am EST. Last time I booked, which was May I think, it was about 8:30am EST. The time before that, which was last Fall, it was closer to 7am. I would plan to start checking around 6am and just refresh the page until they're loaded. No sense in calling either because the phone agents don't seem to know either.

The last few times they have opened around 6:45 but then it seems they have technical issues with the site. Honestly, we don't worry about it too much since we haven't found great BWI bargains for several years on opening day.

The last few times they have opened around 6:45 but then it seems they have technical issues with the site. Honestly, we don't worry about it too much since we haven't found great BWI bargains for several years on opening day.

You're lucky that you get to go from BWI, since that's a Southwest hub. When the last set of dates opened last month, I booked a flight out of Philly for a Wednesday AM. The earliest flight was already sold out, so I grabbed one a little later. I looked later in the day to see if the fare had changed (sometimes it does, not often for the better), and it was sold out (at least Wanna Go Away). BWI is an alternate for me, but I'd rather drive the 1 hour to PHL than the 2.5 to BWI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter