What to bake this in?

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Earlier today I was going through some boxes and unearthed my grandmother's old recipe for Brown Bread.. Of course it says to bake it in a coffee can, but I can't even tell you the last time I had a metal coffee can in my house.. It's been years and years - easily..

Any suggestions?

Thanks!:goodvibes

My only suggestions are possibly a large soup can or juice can? I'd be afraid of putting it in a loaf pan only because I think the baking time would be different and I'm a paranoid baker.

See if you can get some old Pampered Chef bread tubes - I had a couple when I was a consultant but I think I sold them at a boot fair because they were a PITA to oil and clean (i.e. not dishwasher proof:rolleyes1) Some stores do sell enamel coffee cans (its a retro thing:rolleyes:), otherwise maybe make as rolls for the first time to see how long baking takes compared with other recipes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter