What to budget for a Vero Beach Trip

WildDaisy

Earning My Ears
We'd like to treat my BIL and his family to a Vero Beach vacation next year (2021) on DVC points. They have never been on vacation in their lives and they have 5 kids.

So we are planning a 7 day trip to Vero Beach. Can anyone give me an idea of out of pocket expenses to plan for per day to budget?

Would $50 per person per day be enough to get meals and still have some for any activities that cost money? Are there things to do there besides the pool and beach that dont cost money? I heard that Mini golf was free.

Any ideas would be helpful to me to at least let them know so they can start saving for the trip.

If you have been there, can you share what your walk away expenses were after the vacation.

We only spent a weekend at the beach when Disney kicked us out in March... its all my kids talk about. Kinda sad because I spent thousands on the Disney part. We spent about 150. At the grocery store for the weekend worth of food for 4 people. We also bought sand toys and such at the dollar tree. My kids did not need anything else to do all they wanted was to get back on the beach.
I know they have some beach rentals of umbrellas and boogie boards.. etc just dont know what they cost.
I think its really awesome that you are treating this family to a vacation. They are going to remember this forever.

There are bikes to rent at the resort that are pretty inexpensive and some evening programming. Maybe check out the VB resort website. I'm assuming they are in a villa, so they could do breakfast and lunch and even some dinners in the villa. Publix isn't too far away. Restaurants are limited anyway.

Food budget can vary a lot. $50 pp should do it if all meals are quick service. There is only one full service restaurant on property, and that’s a moderate level place. Keep in mind “moderate” at Disney is far from cheap.

Prince Charming Dev had a youtube review last week that showed rental prices for beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. as well as, some current menu prices.

We'd like to treat my BIL and his family to a Vero Beach vacation next year (2021) on DVC points. They have never been on vacation in their lives and they have 5 kids.

So we are planning a 7 day trip to Vero Beach. Can anyone give me an idea of out of pocket expenses to plan for per day to budget?

Would $50 per person per day be enough to get meals and still have some for any activities that cost money? Are there things to do there besides the pool and beach that dont cost money? I heard that Mini golf was free.

Any ideas would be helpful to me to at least let them know so they can start saving for the trip.

If you have been there, can you share what your walk away expenses were after the vacation.
Walk out the gate at the back of the resort and follow the walkway to a beach store and deli. Their sandwiches are made to order and are delicious. We take this food back to the resort and eat by the pool. The store is open for breakfast and lunch. They have beer and wine also.

$50 per person sounds ok for a daily budget if you cook mmeals yourself. That’s 450 a day for 9 people. Which means you need probably a two bedroom for them and either a one bedroom or studio for yourself. Or the three bedroom Ocean front villa which is fabulous. You might be able to fit 9 people in a two bedroom but that would be too crowded for me.
The mini golf is free for members I think. There is a cost for a chair and umbrella for the beach. There are tennis courts you can probably just borrow rackets for...we always bring our own.

The green cabin is the bar. There is bar food there and sometimes trivia and live music, at least there was in the past.

Vero beach has some great local restaurants for an adult dinner out, probably 150 to 200 for 4 people with drinks. We like the Ocean Grill.

you really need a car so for that many people that probably means two vehicles.

If you go in feb or March there is spring baseball. Tickets are a lot cheaper during spring training

$50 per person sounds ok for a daily budget if you cook mmeals yourself. That’s 450 a day for 9 people. Which means you need probably a two bedroom for them and either a one bedroom or studio for yourself. Or the three bedroom Ocean front villa which is fabulous. You might be able to fit 9 people in a two bedroom but that would be too crowded for me.
The mini golf is free for members I think. There is a cost for a chair and umbrella for the beach. There are tennis courts you can probably just borrow rackets for...we always bring our own.

The green cabin is the bar. There is bar food there and sometimes trivia and live music, at least there was in the past.

Vero beach has some great local restaurants for an adult dinner out, probably 150 to 200 for 4 people with drinks. We like the Ocean Grill.

you really need a car so for that many people that probably means two vehicles.

If you go in feb or March there is spring baseball. Tickets are a lot cheaper during spring training
In the baseball part, who trains there now? I didn’t know anyone took over after the Dodgers left.

There are a lot of eating options close to the resort if you want to save on food. I'm assuming that you're going to have a room with a kitchen if you're going in such a big group. I know many people don't like to cook while on vacation, but you can save a lot of money that way. At least having a simple breakfast and lunch.. then maybe eating out for dinner. My family of 4 just spent 5 days at Disney's Vero Beach two weeks ago and averaged $25 a person, per day on food. We did a combination of eating in the room, quick service by the pool and eating at other Vero Beach area restaurants.

While I have not been to the Vero Beach Resort... I look at like the process of any vacation rental...

I would surf around and what is available, restaurants, or activities like fishing trip with a group that size you might think about a private charter boat for half day, dolphin sightseeing, Shopping - I know that they is a outlet mall... there is some type of Garden, and a Treasure museum of some sort... Its been a long time since we headed down that way...

Dollar tree for sand toys, keep a eye out for clearance sale at Walmart, and Target now on items like this...

Stock up on sunscreen... things like this are at premium prices, at resorts and beach towns...

Budgeting for food... We always have breakfast in... then a nice lunch out... and something simple for dinner in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter