What to do with 8 year old during adult time?

catali150

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first Disney cruise for next spring. I’d love to take advantage of the adult only bars, etc with my husband but...what to do with our only child? Will there be a kids club open in the late evening? Assuming she enjoys going there, of course.

we are not night owls anyway but it would be nice to have a couple date nights on the ship.

We are planning our first Disney cruise for next spring. I’d love to take advantage of the adult only bars, etc with my husband but...what to do with our only child? Will there be a kids club open in the late evening? Assuming she enjoys going there, of course.

we are not night owls anyway but it would be nice to have a couple date nights on the ship.
I believe they are open until midnight.

Yes, the kids club is open until midnight.

My kids aren’t big fans of the clubs but our family rule is that they go for a little time every day.

As others have said the club will be open. I also have an only dd and she always enjoyed going when she was your dd's age. If you are going on a cruise that is 7 nights or longer, it will have a Pluto's PJ party in the kid's club one of the nights. My dd always enjoyed it. Pluto comes, they sing, dance, eat snacks, watch cartoons, and each kids gets a special pillowcase they get to color and keep.

Like everyone has said we are open until midnight. If you let us know that you want some adult time when you check him in, we will make a note of it and try to keep him engaged as long as possible

We have traveled frequently since our 7-year-old was an infant and make a point of scheduling at least one “date” where he has to stay with a sitter on every trip, so we’ve convinced him that those few hours are the price of admission for fun vacations. Cruising is great because we end up getting multiple stretches of time like that every day, and because it’s possible for me and my husband to get both alone time without doing a handoff.

I have one grandchild that you can't keep away from the club and one that runs hot & cold with it.
Bring her on the first day so she can make a few friends right away, that helps.
Both my kids loved it in their days.

Have fun.

We spent a significant amount of time showing our daughter videos on youtube and really playing up the club. She's not naturally great with new things or loud and busy places and I think it helped her to be really enthusiastic when she went in.

We just took our first cruise on the Magic. I have an 8-year old daughter and I'd offer a few thoughts. First, if it is non-negotiable that she goes to the kids club (e.g., you have an alcohol tasting or Palo dinner) tell her that she cannot ask to leave unless she has an emergency. I failed to make that point during her first visit and received a text to pick her up in the middle of tequila tasting. Second, my daughter made a friend in the pool area and was more than happy to attend kids club if she knew her new friend was there. The other mom and I had to coordinate to get them there at the same time, but it was worth the effort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter