what to expect: Uber or Minnie van from DHS at park close?

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
Hi all! Can anyone tell me what to expect, trying to get Uber or Minnie van from DHS at park close?

We usually have a car with us so I’m at a loss.

A regular Uber or Lyft will be there in under 10 minutes. You will actually see lots of drivers waiting for their passengers in the pick up areas since people don’t realize they arrive that quickly. Minnie Van you might have to wait awhile for the system to find one that is available and sometimes it never does. But once it does find one they arrive quickly. At a busy time such as park close I would not count on getting a Minnie Van, but you might get lucky.

To me, a lot would depend on the size of my party and whether or not I needed child seats.

Four or fewer passengers with no need for car seats, I would Uber/Lyft without question simply for the convenience of a certain, quick pickup. If I wanted to do MV, I would do so at a less busy time when I felt confident of a MV being available.

If I had more than 4, but didn't need car seats, I'd consider distance and destination and most probably try both and choose the less expensive option.

If it’s too crowded and the wait is long, walk to Swan/Dolphin (I forget which is closer) and get the ride from there.

If it’s too crowded and the wait is long, walk to Swan/Dolphin (I forget which is closer) and get the ride from there.
Well, the Swan is closer than the Dolphin, but it’s even shorter to walk to the front of the Boardwalk Inn and Villas if you follow the walking path until you pass the BW tennis courts and then go to the right to the front of the resort, passing the end of the BW Villas on your left. The walking path is along the BW side of the waterway, so you will walk it to get to the bridge that takes you over to the Swan and Dolphin. There is a path to the Swan on the other side of the waterway that only goes as far as the bridge on Buena Vista Drive, so getting from DHS to the Swan on that path requires walking under the Buena Vista Drive bridge, turning right to walk up the hill to the sidewalk and crossing over on the bridge, than back down to the pathway to the Swan once you are on the other side of the waterway.

Or...you could take the boat to Swan/Dolphin. I think it's the first stop going that direction.

Or...you could take the boat to Swan/Dolphin. I think it's the first stop going that direction.
At park close, there may be a long line for the boat. Unless one is certain to get on the next available boat, it would be quicker to walk. Unfortunately, this can be difficult to judge without walking to the boat dock to see how crowded it is, and the boat dock is in the opposite direction from the walking path and the ride share service pickup point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter