What to wear in December?

annz53

Grandma earning my ears
Hi there, we will be in DL during December this year. My question is what clothes do I pack; as in tops and bottoms. From Anaheim we head to Canada for Christmas with the weather being possibly -15deg; so I have to pack smart. Thanks in advance

Was in DL last Dec 16th to 20th and it was cold.
Had a bit of rain as well, so would suggest rain coat or poncho, long pants, jackets, even scarf ect.
Depends if you feel the cold or not, u can always wear layers.

When we went to DL in February most days I wore jeans and a t-shirt with a hoodie. We also packed raincoats, and sometimes I wore mine at night as an extra windbreak layer. We also carried scarves and beanies to put on at night. I would just use some of your lighter layers from your Canada stash (like maybe a t-shirt and fleece jacket), but you won't need thermals or big jackets at DL.

We were there in December 2014. We wore jeans with t-shirts often with hoodies or down vests. We also had Santa Mickey hats which helped keep us warm. We actually didn't bring any t-shirts or hoodies with us as we knew that we would want to buy some as souvenirs.

We were in DL two years ago in December and we froze! We wore scarves, beanies, woollen undergarments, boots, socks, jumpers...it was surprising actually. Apparently it was a cold snap but man we felt it.
For your Canadian part, I would order online and have it all sent to your hotel either in the USA or directly to Canada. Hannah Andersson, REI, GAP, Banana Republic are some favourites of ours.

Oh wow...Really? I didn't think it got cold in California... We will be there in December also, and was thinking shorts and tees - will have to rethink!

Oh wow...Really? I didn't think it got cold in California... We will be there in December also, and was thinking shorts and tees - will have to rethink!
It was a cold snap apparently but we were not prepared at all. I would say it is like the East coast during Winter here. Like between the Gold Coast and Sydney temperatures.

We have been there a few time and some times it's been freezing and we needed gloves and scarves and sometimes just a light jacket would be fine. My little ones had those puffy jackets which were perfect for night time.

We were there in December last year. Days started out with shorts Tshirt with a light jacket. Ditched the jacket around mid morning then it came back for the evening. I just double checked some of our DLR photos over at my trip report and yep that was right

I was there on boxing day. It was cold! think about 5-10 c tops!
it's ok if you are moving but standing around in a queue or watching a parade is tough.
just have lots of layers and a beanie and a scarf! Merino is thin and not too itchy but very warm. I love a layer!
i also had those great handwarmer things you can get from chemist warehouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter